Author Topic: Demonstration Alert: Kyiv  (Read 341 times)

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2435
  • -Receive: 1851
Demonstration Alert: Kyiv
« on: 17:00 11-Oct-2019 »
Demonstration Alert: U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine (October 14, 2019)

Event: On October 14, there are plans for a large protest, which coincides with the celebration of Ukrainian Defenders Day. The protest is currently scheduled to begin at Shevchenko Park (across from the University) at approximately 1600 and then move to Independence square (Maidan Nezalezhnosty). Over 5,000 individuals are expected to participate. Expect heavy police presence and major traffic congestion.

Actions to Take:
✔️ Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
✔️ Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
✔️ Be aware of your surroundings.
✔️ Monitor local media for updates.
✔️ Keep a low profile.

Edit to add: It more than likely means that traffic in the center will be nasty.
« Last Edit: 17:46 11-Oct-2019 by AkMike »

In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3095
  • -Receive: 4811
  • What's the future ever done for me?
Re: Demonstration Alert: Kyiv
« Reply #1 on: 14:21 12-Oct-2019 »
Demonstration Alert: U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine (October 14, 2019)

Event: On October 14, there are plans for a large protest, which coincides with the celebration of Ukrainian Defenders Day. The protest is currently scheduled to begin at Shevchenko Park (across from the University) at approximately 1600 and then move to Independence square (Maidan Nezalezhnosty). Over 5,000 individuals are expected to participate. Expect heavy police presence and major traffic congestion.

Actions to Take:
✔️ Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
✔️ Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
✔️ Be aware of your surroundings.
✔️ Monitor local media for updates.
✔️ Keep a low profile.

Edit to add: It more than likely means that traffic in the center will be nasty.

Do not bring umbrellas, wear masks or have pics of Winney the Pooh....or wait that is Hong Kong.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2435
  • -Receive: 1851
« Reply #2 on: 16:17 12-Oct-2019 »
I'm amazed that I got 'laughed' at for putting this on the FB page.  I wqas attempting to do a 'public service sort of deal.. 

Never again!
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3095
  • -Receive: 4811
  • What's the future ever done for me?
« Reply #3 on: 16:52 12-Oct-2019 »
I stopped posting them here as it seemed no one cared.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.