Author Topic: What should non-Russian speakers do if/once they get COVID-19?  (Read 1910 times)

Offline fabula_rasa

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 33

What is the Chicken Little syndrome?
Chicken Little Syndrome. ... This is called Chicken Little Syndrome (The sky is falling!), and humans are, unfortunately, very adept at employing it. When an unfortunate but isolated mishap occurs, it's easy to let your imagination run wild with all the possible causes and eventual consequences that will lead to Doom.

\

I seriously dislike this movie. Everybody in it is just such a jerk  ;)
Also, I am in no way saying that a sky is falling. Or even panicking. All I'm saying is that I don't see any data supporting the "flue is wore than covid" claim.

Movie? lol you are to young to remember the tale, I ain't talking a movie. Never bothered to see it  either. The original tale was Henny Penny, Chicken Little is the story I remember this under from abut 60 years ago.

I am aware that there is an original tale. However, I never read it, only saw the Disney movie. So, could not really refer to it. Is everyone such a jerk in the tale as well ;)?
Age has really little ro do with it. I, as I asume practically everybody else, read a lot of tales/novels/stories much older than I am. I saw a lot of movies, theater plays, operas much older than I am as well :). But we have so many things and so many choices, and such a limited time - we naturally have to chose what we consume and experience.

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3116
  • -Receive: 4846
  • What's the future ever done for me?

What is the Chicken Little syndrome?
Chicken Little Syndrome. ... This is called Chicken Little Syndrome (The sky is falling!), and humans are, unfortunately, very adept at employing it. When an unfortunate but isolated mishap occurs, it's easy to let your imagination run wild with all the possible causes and eventual consequences that will lead to Doom.

\

I seriously dislike this movie. Everybody in it is just such a jerk  ;)
Also, I am in no way saying that a sky is falling. Or even panicking. All I'm saying is that I don't see any data supporting the "flue is wore than covid" claim.

Movie? lol you are to young to remember the tale, I ain't talking a movie. Never bothered to see it  either. The original tale was Henny Penny, Chicken Little is the story I remember this under from abut 60 years ago.

I am aware that there is an original tale. However, I never read it, only saw the Disney movie. So, could not really refer to it. Is everyone such a jerk in the tale as well ;)?
Age has really little ro do with it. I, as I asume practically everybody else, read a lot of tales/novels/stories much older than I am. I saw a lot of movies, theater plays, operas much older than I am as well :). But we have so many things and so many choices, and such a limited time - we naturally have to chose what we consume and experience.

No, you must experience everything everyday, NO SLEEPING!! You can sleep when you are dead! (but not for the Wu-Flu, that is not gonna kill us)
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline fabula_rasa

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You

No, you must experience everything everyday, NO SLEEPING!! You can sleep when you are dead! (but not for the Wu-Flu, that is not gonna kill us)

But... but... I like sleeping!  :'(

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 155
  • -Receive: 187
The death toll in Spain has reached 2,182, the government has announced, after 462 people passed away in the past 24 hours.

Surely this confirms the reality of the situation?

Austria: Deaths jumping by 367 in a day

Italy: Officials announced the deaths of 651 people in Italy, Europe's worst-hit country, on Sunday - a drop of about a fifth from the record 793 deaths the day before

India : "Cow dung has many benefits. I think it can kill the coronavirus. Cow urine can also be useful." says Suman Haripriya of political party BJP. (Can't think what BJP means. Well, yes I can) Nevertheless, the woman is a complete bottom hole.

Offline fabula_rasa

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
India : "Cow dung has many benefits. I think it can kill the coronavirus. Cow urine can also be useful." says Suman Haripriya of political party BJP. (Can't think what BJP means. Well, yes I can) Nevertheless, the woman is a complete bottom hole.

That's even richer than this priest in Poland getting into a plane and dumping holy water on the whole city, because that will certainly kill the virus.
This Haripriya woman should apply just draw some of that healthy dung directly into her lungs. It will certainly help, as we all know - dead people do not get ill  ;)

Offline jbenet

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 935
  • -Receive: 741
  • Death to (your name here)!
March 23rd is the last reply?

As of 02 April 2020, 928 437 cases of COVID-19 (in accordance with the applied case definitions and testing strategies in the affected countries) have been reported, including 46 891 deaths. It is at the point it will ballooning into 10s of thousands.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/geographical-distribution-2019-ncov-cases

I was just checking in here to see if ya'll know something; my wife says there was a new healthcare law, a "pick your doctor" law, that says that everyone is to be registered with a doctor who is responsible for you. Her mom and our boys have such a thing, but she wonders if ya'll have any info on expats doing this...

stay safe, wash your hands, and stop licking doorknobs!

Offline fabula_rasa

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
March 23rd is the last reply?

As of 02 April 2020, 928 437 cases of COVID-19 (in accordance with the applied case definitions and testing strategies in the affected countries) have been reported, including 46 891 deaths. It is at the point it will ballooning into 10s of thousands.

I was just checking in here to see if ya'll know something; my wife says there was a new healthcare law, a "pick your doctor" law, that says that everyone is to be registered with a doctor who is responsible for you. Her mom and our boys have such a thing, but she wonders if ya'll have any info on expats doing this...

stay safe, wash your hands, and stop licking doorknobs!

That's the first I hear of any such new law. My husband mentioned noting of the sort and I saw nothing about that  when I was reading updated quarantine regulations yesterday. Can you cite a source of this? Quick googling revealed nothing to me (I was googling in Ukrainian, so maybe I translated "pick your doctor" differently than it's actually called hence I couldn't find anything?).
« Last Edit: 18:24 02-Apr-2020 by fabula_rasa »

Offline jbenet

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 935
  • -Receive: 741
  • Death to (your name here)!
It was part of the new Medical Reform, that all people should have a contract "signed declaration" with a doctor, in advance of the need of said doctor.

Offline fabula_rasa

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
It was part of the new Medical Reform, that all people should have a contract "signed declaration" with a doctor, in advance of the need of said doctor.

Thank you! I wonder what the potential penalties for not having one are.

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You

JB, I find

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

to be much more accurate and up to date than the ECDC. As of the time of this post, there are 1,009,478 reported cases. Scroll down the page or click on view by country.

You can then click on each column header for sorts by highest/lowest etc. Shockingly, France has become the new Italy with 1,355 deaths today.

Grim reading, really grim.

Online K24

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 134
You are suffering from media hype.

My lungs are worse than yours and I am not worried.

/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu

Still suffering from media hype?

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You

Still suffering from media hype?

To which hype are you referring?

Those who take this 'flu seriously or those who mass rally in favour of ignoring the warnings?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

and there is more to come, much more.

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3116
  • -Receive: 4846
  • What's the future ever done for me?
Still. Not. Freaked. Out.
When we get to annual Seasonal Flu or 2009 H1N1 then I will be overly concerned. Sorry guys.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-deadly-is-the-coronavirus-compared-to-past-outbreaks#20022004-severe-acute-respiratory-syndrome-(SARS)
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
Still. Not. Freaked. Out.
When we get to annual Seasonal Flu or 2009 H1N1 then I will be overly concerned. Sorry guys.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-deadly-is-the-coronavirus-compared-to-past-outbreaks#20022004-severe-acute-respiratory-syndrome-(SARS)

This baby is worse in reality. Do you remember the world going into lockdown for your seasonal 'flu? Not at all because everyone carried on as normal. Had they done that for the current C-19, we would have seen far, far greater numbers.

The clue is on that ink you provided .....

The fallout of each disease largely depends on other circumstances ? when we catch it, how contagious and fatal it is, how hygienic people are, and how quickly a vaccine or cure becomes available.

That vaccine is a long way off but there's always Donnie's magic hydroxychloroquine while we wait.

I have clean hands, very clean hands!

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1001
  • -Receive: 1317
  • Statue of the Motherland
Hydroxychloroquine appears to help only by reducing inflammatory response which is what kills about 90% of the time.  While this is significant, there are a lot of drugs and even nutritional supplements that might accomplish this.
I take a lot of supplements to suppress inflammation.  One that works rather similarly to Chloroquine is Quercetin although doses of Quercetin might need to be ridiculous high, over two grams, to match limited research as a treatment, mostly on rodents.  And most people who do presently, seriously advocate Hydroxychloroquine as medical professionals would also be suggesting that Z-Pack (Azythromycin) be taken at the same time.  Many antibiotics are also anti-inflammatory drugs.  Hydroxychloroquine alone, might prevent death as an outcome, but it does not prevent length of hospitalization by even one day.
Right now the medical drug darling in testing is Remdesvir, a powerful antiviral that failed as a cure for Ebola, but appears to be more effective against coronaviruses, any coronaviruses.  Researchers leaked that all patients laid out by COVID-19 , in hospital beds were out of danger in mere days, long before they would have been without that treatment.  Remdesvir may also be used to prevent the disease, but the side effects and cost probably make this use impractical.  Probably  the only way you can get Remdesvir would be to buy from black market reagent suppliers or direct from manufacturers in China as a powder. A Chinese company Brightgene appears to be starting up manufacturing as a drug, right now and without permission from the Western IP owner, Gilead.