Author Topic: What should non-Russian speakers do if/once they get COVID-19?  (Read 5127 times)

Offline Sandora

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
This is from ~a week ago:

There are seven bases for hospitalization, three of them for adults, three for children and one for pregnant women.

These are the Oleksandrivska Hospital, Kyivska Hospital No.4 and No.9, as well as children's hospitals No.1 and No.2 and the children's infectious diseases hospital.

Besides, two specialized teams are working in Kyiv to transport patients with suspected coronavirus.

In total, 500 beds were prepared for the case of coronavirus in Kyiv, of which 237 for adults, 200 for children and the rest for pregnant women.

source: https://ukranews.com/en/news/686963-kyiv-specifies-7-hospitals-for-hospitalization-of-people-with-suspected-coronavirus

Online youngken

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 30
:'(  It's sad that there have been over 3000 deaths because of this but more than 48000 have fully recovered.

From the REERL website
How do you know "FULLY" recovered

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 227
Very much agree with this.  But nevertheless shocked how many people still do not seem to be familiar with the most basic facts of this crisis
By all means, have at it  ;D Was just a gentle reminder so that as this thing progresses in UA, the thread doesn't end up a ten pager that doesn't even have UA-specific tips/ideas about optimal treatment facilities/ambulatory services  8)

A little late but better late than never ...

Ukraine coronavirus update

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
Ya'll are freakin' out over nothing.

Come back when you have a REAL epidemic that kills more than the common f u c king flu.

Offline Eddie

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 24
Surprised those Ukies even believe in viruses.  That is like normal modern medicine stuff.  I guess I just didn't realize Ukies are capable of having such modern beliefs.  From the b.s. I hear, you can even cure cancer with magic Ukie water, and snake oil from the priest and doing strange things with garlic and/or vodka (other than drinking/eating) will take care of just about everything else.

Funny how my wife is all he sudden worried about this crap, yet still also believes you can get sick from the 'swosniak', sitting on a cold bench, or being exposed to any moving draft of air (even on a marshrutka in August). 

I sent over ceiling fans and installed them in every room in the house a few years ago.  The look on some of my wife's extended family upon entering the house made it all worth it.  I am sure we are the only house in the village with an american style garage door and ceiling fans.

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1024
  • -Receive: 1335
  • Statue of the Motherland
People only want to see the dark clouds and not the silver lining, that COVID-19 might solve the pension funding crisis, globally, as 80% killed by it are 60 and older.  Its interesting that schools are being closed, because almost no children die of this virus.
Short term, sure, this is bad for the economy, but long term, we are looking at a huge burden lifted from the shoulders of young people who may well buy homes, cars and start families, if they don't have to pay for pensioners.
But, don't look for this angle in WSJ or FT.

Offline K24

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 110
  • -Receive: 145
People only want to see the dark clouds and not the silver lining, that COVID-19 might solve the pension funding crisis, globally, as 80% killed by it are 60 and older.  Its interesting that schools are being closed, because almost no children die of this virus.
Short term, sure, this is bad for the economy, but long term, we are looking at a huge burden lifted from the shoulders of young people who may well buy homes, cars and start families, if they don't have to pay for pensioners.

Would it then not just be the most efficient thing according to your logic to shoot everybody over 60? 
« Last Edit: 20:03 04-Mar-2020 by K24 »

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1024
  • -Receive: 1335
  • Statue of the Motherland

Would it then not just be the most efficient thing according to your logic to shoot everybody over 60?

Note that in my original post I was careful not to turn this into an American politics thing. 
I am glad I am only 59!.  It might be more efficient, but in America, people over 60 are about half the gun owners in America.  But, if you go back to the 1980's when Bernie Sanders was on his Russia Honeymoon, government policy in America was to deliberately avoid doing anything to extend the lives of the WWII generation, except for a lot of money wasted, trying to cure cancer.  Tremendous expenditures to try to extend life are a recent phenomenon that relates to the political power held by boomers.  Disease or plague resolving economic scarcity issues is a recurring theme in the history of all civilizations.
  But, of course, the Stalin method has been more popular.  Why would it be more efficient?

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You

[/quote]

er.....shoot only Russians right?

Offline Sandora

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You

well, ofc, a lot of us have our grandparents as our main parental figures or simply are old enough that our parents are old. especially if you don't have kids etc. they're the main ppl in your life w/ no competition

Offline Sandora

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You

Offline julienp

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 108
  • -Receive: 289

The virus is not killing everybody, just those weaker one who are most likely to become a burden on healthcare.
It's more like an impartial death panel. Didn't you get that with Obamacare already ?

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You

The virus is not killing everybody, just those weaker one who are most likely to become a burden on healthcare.
It's more like an impartial death panel. Didn't you get that with Obamacare already ?

Somehow the media has made this out to be the next worst thing next to the Black Plague and the Zombie Apocalypse combined. The f u c king sky is falling......