Author Topic: Hryvna to Ruble is all time high  (Read 93 times)

Online youngken

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 28
Hryvna to Ruble is all time high
« on: 08:33 09-Mar-2020 »
At least in this few year. Ukraine is lesser affected in coronavirus crisis.

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2435
  • -Receive: 1851
Re: Hryvna to Ruble is all time high
« Reply #1 on: 09:19 09-Mar-2020 »
The ruble fell about 10 today against the dollar. Roughly 63/1 for the last 6 months and today 75/1. And the day's not over...   :D :D :D

This is cause by a sharp drop in the price of oil. When you're a one trick pony expect problems.

In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 993
  • -Receive: 1312
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #2 on: 10:37 09-Mar-2020 »
Also, Russia might be on the brink of war with Turkey, a major trading partner.

Online youngken

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #3 on: 12:57 09-Mar-2020 »
Also, Russia might be on the brink of war with Turkey, a major trading partner.
War will not be happened nowadays between 2 sizeable countries :)
Suprisingly, Some Turkish friends of mine are not hostile to Russian. Two countries are very big trading partners.

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: 13:36 09-Mar-2020 »
Turkey and Russia have lots of practical reasons not to get it on, but Russia did have something to do with the bombing of sixty Turkish soldiers in Idlib, Syria in recent weeks.  A truce was agreed to, for the second or third time, with Russia, Iran and Syrian Army forces, but it won't hold.   Turkey and Russia both have incompatible ambitions in Syria.  Syrian Kurds recently allied with America, are now allied with Russia and Syria and will probably fight Turkey over cities taken from Kurds by Turkish military and given to Jihadist rebels Turkey has supported.
It seems doubtful that if the conflict resumes it can stay as small as it has been, because Russia generally controls the airspace, and Turkey can't protect ground forces in Syria without taking out the supposedly formidable S-400 air to air defense system, protecting Russian and Syrian fighter jets and other aircraft.   Turkey has tried to get around this by using swarms of drones, destroying Syrian and perhaps Russian fighter jets.  But, it is clear now, that Russia will go after Turkish positions in Idlib if the drone offensive continues. 
So, if it goes on, a major escalation, an attack on Russia's air defense systems, in Syria the same ones that Turkey plans to buy for Turkey over American objections within NATO, may have to be part of a renewed conflict. 

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2435
  • -Receive: 1851
« Reply #5 on: 21:42 09-Mar-2020 »
With the fall of the ruble and oil prices falling Uncle vlad will need to distract the peasants soon so they have the motherland in the forefront of their pea brains and forget about the plight of buying bread or potatoes with a wheel barrow full of worthless paper.

What would take their minds off everyday life??

"Say, I know!  Let's ramp up the war in Ukraine"  You know those fascist should be under our control again..."   >:(
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 122
  • -Receive: 147
« Reply #6 on: 22:05 09-Mar-2020 »

"Say, I know!  Let's ramp up the war in Ukraine"  You know those fascist should be under our control again..."   >:(

"Yeah, why not?" chime in Lavrov, KBM's brown tonguer  and Kirill. This is supported by the remnants of Yanukovych's Party of Regions.

Unian - Russia-led forces strike Ukraine medical vehicle in Donbas

Unian - Ukraine reports six WIAs, one KIA, amid six enemy attacks in Donbas on March 8

and so on.

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: 02:43 10-Mar-2020 »
Since Crimea sanctions, the Kremlin-based midget has been squeezing the serfs and has made sure that Russia has a cushion of gold, dollars and other assets to pay for instability, cheap oil and more sanctions.  Most likely, it will take a year or two years of $30 oil to threaten the kleptocracy.   Also, the cheaper Ruble does lower the cost of domestic labor and domestic materials for oil production.

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3095
  • -Receive: 4811
  • What's the future ever done for me?
« Reply #8 on: 04:12 10-Mar-2020 »
With the fall of the ruble and oil prices falling Uncle vlad will need to distract the peasants soon so they have the motherland in the forefront of their pea brains and forget about the plight of buying bread or potatoes with a wheel barrow full of worthless paper.

What would take their minds off everyday life??

Kinda makes me want to seek out the Neo-Nazis and get an arm band, reactivate my VK account and start posing photos again.
« Last Edit: 21:33 10-Mar-2020 by Fraucha »
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.