Author Topic: Preempting  (Read 151 times)

Offline James1

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 17
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Preempting
« on: 07:27 17-Mar-2020 »
I?m here in Ukraine on a TRP which expires on May 7th 2020. If Ukraine decides to extend the shutdown of flights to other countries and I am not able to renew my TRP what is the procedure? Obviously I don?t want to stay here over my expiry date and get into trouble.

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3095
  • -Receive: 4811
  • What's the future ever done for me?
Re: Preempting
« Reply #1 on: 18:26 17-Mar-2020 »
I?m here in Ukraine on a TRP which expires on May 7th 2020. If Ukraine decides to extend the shutdown of flights to other countries and I am not able to renew my TRP what is the procedure? Obviously I don?t want to stay here over my expiry date and get into trouble.

Go to your local OVIR since we are not in receipt of new rules and the government is.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Online Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4001
  • -Receive: 1726
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #2 on: 04:39 19-Mar-2020 »
How does the travel ban affect renewing your TRP?  Just get to OVIR with a couple weeks to spare no intl travel required.

I WOULD inquire as to how it would work if the offices were closed due to the shutdown tho.
Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

Offline fabula_rasa

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #3 on: 08:27 19-Mar-2020 »
How does the travel ban affect renewing your TRP?  Just get to OVIR with a couple weeks to spare no intl travel required.

Well, he might not have grounds for staying longer than his current TRP allows, right? If whatever reason that brought him here will expire, than the office will not prolong the TRP. At least not without some good amount of under-the-table convincing  ;)
We live in special time, however. I did read that EU, for example, considers closed borders justification enough for prolonging visas/trps of those who found themselves stuck within EU. I bet Ukraine is/will be doing the same.

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2435
  • -Receive: 1851
« Reply #4 on: 19:44 19-Mar-2020 »
Ukraine just said there will no fines for overstays because of the virus quarantine.The country is locked up with few choices for escape. I expect it'll be similar in all countries.
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Online Tnic

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #5 on: 04:41 20-Mar-2020 »

Well, he might not have grounds for staying longer than his current TRP allows, right? If whatever reason that brought him here will expire, than the office will not prolong the TRP. At least not without some good amount of under-the-table convincing  ;)
We live in special time, however. I did read that EU, for example, considers closed borders justification enough for prolonging visas/trps of those who found themselves stuck within EU. I bet Ukraine is/will be doing the same.

He didn't state the basis for his TRP, but you do make a good point.

My wife and I are in a similar situation here in So. Africa (visiting family).
Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 122
  • -Receive: 147
« Reply #6 on: 08:50 20-Mar-2020 »

The local UA Embassy in Pretoria may be able to advise you since their staff would be thinking the same as yourselves.

They can be called on :  +27 12 460 1946 or, alternatively, emailed at :  consul_za@mfa.gov.ua

Online Tnic

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #7 on: 03:17 21-Mar-2020 »

The local UA Embassy in Pretoria may be able to advise you since their staff would be thinking the same as yourselves.

They can be called on :  +27 12 460 1946 or, alternatively, emailed at :  consul_za@mfa.gov.ua

You are "Johny on the spot"!

I bet they even answer the phone too.

I got with the SA Foreign Affairs office last week when the bans started activating.  Just need to send PP info to cover the bases.  Now if I can just find that darned email....

Offline James1

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 17
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #8 on: 17:17 24-Mar-2020 »
Thanks for the replies! Currently got someone on it 👍

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 122
  • -Receive: 147
« Reply #9 on: 20:28 25-Mar-2020 »

James, see :  http://forum.expatua.com/index.php/topic,18794.msg136321.html#msg136321