Author Topic: TRP renewal during Coronavirus??  (Read 608 times)

Offline jbenet

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 935
  • -Receive: 741
  • Death to (your name here)!
TRP renewal during Coronavirus??
« on: 11:09 03-Apr-2020 »
I'm due this next 2 weeks to start the renewal of my TPR, anyone got any idea what's going on with the situation?

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 157
  • -Receive: 195
Re: TRP renewal during Coronavirus??
« Reply #1 on: 14:56 03-Apr-2020 »
JB, the UK Embassy reports the below, perhaps the US Embassy shows similar updates.

UK Embassy on FB : COVID-19 Ukraine Specific Travel Advice Q&As

We now strongly recommend that if you live in the UK and are currently travelling abroad, whether working or on holiday, you should return now, where and while there are still commercial routes available.

International travel is becoming more difficult with the closure of land borders and further restrictions, such as on freedom of movement, are being introduced daily.

If you decide to stay, there may not be options in the future to return, given the unprecedented conditions that we face.

If you normally live in Ukraine, we advise that you stay here.

and

Will there be any penalty for overstaying a 90-day visa free term in Ukraine?

According to the Ukrainian State Migration Service, there will be no penalties for foreigners who were staying in Ukraine legally when restrictions on leaving the country were introduced and have since been unable to leave. This measure is limited to the period for which travel restrictions are in force.

Please check our Ukraine travel advice for updates.

Links in the article

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2478
  • -Receive: 1875
« Reply #2 on: 16:32 03-Apr-2020 »
Everything is on hold until this is over. Your current TPR is valid until then. Besides no one's in the offices to do paperwork. :D
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline James1

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 24
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #3 on: 13:38 13-Apr-2020 »
Everything is on hold until this is over. Your current TPR is valid until then. Besides no one's in the offices to do paperwork. :D

I managed to apply to extend my residence. Places open in kiev.

Offline jbenet

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: 16:04 14-Apr-2020 »
Natasha called OVIR here and they said they are closed in Odesa, and there will be no penalties for not renewing during the quarantine.

Offline James1

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: 10:38 15-Apr-2020 »
I have just read that the quarantine does not mean that your expire of your resident permit is prolonged. That means if you don?t renew it before the expire date you will have to start the whole process again, ie getting a visa etc.. I?m not sure if this applies to every part of Ukraine or not, but be aware.

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 16:49 15-Apr-2020 »
I have just read that the quarantine does not mean that your expire of your resident permit is prolonged. That means if you don?t renew it before the expire date you will have to start the whole process again, ie getting a visa etc.. I?m not sure if this applies to every part of Ukraine or not, but be aware.

James, if you read this news, you should have left a link here. It seems like an over-reaction from whichever authority, especially since it is impossible to comply with the various laws/rules at this time.

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: 16:59 15-Apr-2020 »
This is the instruction to which I referred nearly 2 weeks ago.

dmsu.gov.ua

Foreigners and stateless persons, who have not been able to leave Ukraine or apply to the territorial Units or Departments of the State Migration Service of Ukraine to prolong the period of their stay in Ukraine OR/AND for issuance, as well as an exchange of the permanent or temporary residence permit due to quarantine period, if the date of application for the issuance of such documents occurred during the quarantine period in Ukraine, SHALL within a period of up to 30 days from the date of quarantines termination apply to the territorial Units or Departments of the State Migration Service of Ukraine to prolong the period of their stay in Ukraine OR/AND for issuance, as well as an exchange of the permanent or temporary residence permit.

and

dmsu.gov.ua

In particular, the Law foresees that due to quarantine, foreigners and stateless persons that have not been able to apply to the territorial Units and Departments of the State Migration Service of Ukraine to prolong the period of their stay in Ukraine AND/OR to exchange their permanent/temporary resident permits, WILL NOT BE PENALIZED for violation of the legislation on the legal status of the foreigners and stateless persons, IF such violations have occurred within the period of the quarantine.

It's important to stress out, that these rules shall be applied to the foreigners and stateless persons who stayed legally in the territory of Ukraine as of the beginning of quarantine measures.

The Law of Ukraine also foresees that during quarantine a processing and issuance of the documents which confirm citizenship of Ukraine or a special status of a person shall be carried out in the place, where the person has applied.

Offline James1

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: 16:19 16-Apr-2020 »
Currently it is just word on the street, but knowing Ukraine, they implement rules etc and don?t follow them, it?s still a possibility that you will have to start the process again.

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: 10:50 17-Apr-2020 »
Currently it is just word on the street, but knowing Ukraine, they implement rules etc and don?t follow them, it?s still a possibility that you will have to start the process again.

Ah, the babushka selling dill and scallions on the street corner? Surely her advice such as to mash up 5 garlic cloves in boiling water, allow to cool and knock it back, will ensure you are kept Covid-19 free, is what makes Ukraine tick over from one IMF tranche to another.  :D 8)

Such is Ukraine.

Offline James1

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: 08:20 18-Apr-2020 »
Thing is her word is just about as reliable and trustworthy as the official statements immigration provide 😂

Offline James1

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: 08:31 07-May-2020 »
Managed to renew my permit, and under different grounds without having to leave Ukraine and come back.

Offline jbenet

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: 12:45 07-May-2020 »
what city?

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: 12:58 07-May-2020 »
what city?

Kyiv, if James' past posts are anything to go by.

Offline James1

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: 18:38 07-May-2020 »