Author Topic: Buying/Selling a house in Ukraine-2014  (Read 7933 times)

Offline biemme

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 0
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Re: Buying/Selling a house in Ukraine-2014
« Reply #15 on: 02:59 22-Dec-2015 »
As long as you can prove where you got the money.  8)
If it's a present what about the money? We will only declare a value of 1000 dollars. Zero money are officially involved. Tax as present will be paid and that is enough to feel safe from any kind of issue.

Offline Glyn Thomas.

• All this work and I get called:
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 717
  • -Receive: 2028
    • Kiev Life
« Reply #16 on: 07:21 22-Dec-2015 »
Yeah, right.

Go on then.

Please send us pics of the new pad.
I am the shadow of the waxwing slain.. by the false azure of the windowpane...

Offline biemme

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
« Reply #17 on: 13:43 22-Dec-2015 »
Thanks God i've chosen the notary by myself.
Present (darenie) is VERY RISKY!!!
The owner can change mind and get the room back easily. It's enough a document that says he was out of mind.
NOT ONLY!
There is only one possible choice to avoid risks.
Buy the room (kupliu-prodaje) with the real paid amount because in case of problems it's possible to ask back the money paid. Taxes are quite the same for a price around 10k dollars.
NOT ONLY!
The owner have to find the other dormitory owners and ask if they are interested to buy it for the same price and get from each one a document that confirm that they are not interested.
NOT ONLY!!!
The owner have to get from Jek the list of people that are resident in each dormitory room and in case of under 18 people it's necessary to get a document from the local government that agrees that i buy the room (it can take a month to get it and it's my case too, in fact two children result in another room even if they are not phisically present. The dormitory is an apartment that has been divided in 4 rooms (comunalni).
Of course the owner was silent about these things and thanks to the good notary help everything has been discovered. Loosing the entire amount can be very easy.
Now the owner will try to get all papers. Let's see if he can. He asked me 500 dollars more (in case he finds them).
I like the place but i cannot suggest to anyone to buy a dormitory room (specially if it has a lot of rooms, this one is quite an exception). In case of sale i have to do the same steps. I buy it for myself so it's not a problem, i don't want to sale it.
Just to update you on Kiev life, yesterday in my hostel a guy has been robbed of 4k dollars left on the baggage. Police stayed all night long to take evidence. It was like a tv serie situation. So pay attention guys!!!
« Last Edit: 14:04 22-Dec-2015 by biemme »

Carlusha

« Reply #18 on: 15:52 22-Dec-2015 »

Just to update you on Kiev life, yesterday in my hostel a guy has been robbed of 4k dollars left on the baggage. Police stayed all night long to take evidence. It was like a tv serie situation. So pay attention guys!!!

$4k cash - hostel - left in baggage? TOTALLY NOT unexpected. I bet he/she wishes he/she had brought a credit/debit card instead.

Some mothers do have 'em!  ???

Offline Simcal

• Subscriber
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
« Reply #19 on: 20:25 05-May-2016 »
Does anyone know how you get money out of Ukraine after a sale of a flat ? My agent tells me it's impossible . He say would have to take it out thought the airport ! That would mean 10 trips to get it all out at $15 k a trip ! I'm in Odessa

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3110
  • -Receive: 4831
  • What's the future ever done for me?
« Reply #20 on: 20:59 05-May-2016 »
Does anyone know how you get money out of Ukraine after a sale of a flat ? My agent tells me it's impossible . He say would have to take it out thought the airport ! That would mean 10 trips to get it all out at $15 k a trip ! I'm in Odessa

Buy diamonds.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline Simcal

• Subscriber
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: 21:28 05-May-2016 »
The agent says put the cash in bank deposit box and take it during trips ! Not sure how safe that would be . Then he mentioned ways to smuggle it out . Far out

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2456
  • -Receive: 1862
« Reply #22 on: 22:45 05-May-2016 »
It looks like PayPal will let you send money to yourself out of Ukraine but not into the country at this point.

http://www.kyivpost.com/article/content/technology/fight-goes-on-to-bring-paypals-full-service-to-ukraine-409310.html

Then there's this tidbit also.

http://www.rus.newsru.ua/finance/01mar2016/denezhnye_perevody.html
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline Kord

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 501
  • -Receive: 341
« Reply #23 on: 17:42 06-May-2016 »
Maybe:

then adopt a Traditional Slavic Fashion statement:

Head on through customs while muttering "Blyat cyka. Blein Masser fahkerr Slousha blah blah blah"

Oh and remember to stumble a little every now and then.
you'll be fine

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: 08:56 07-May-2016 »
Yeah many Ukrainians are guilty of using, in public I might add, the classic third world squat, as demonstrated by the future unemployed alcoholic dressed in typical black sport clothes ...  quite a fashion combo you got there...
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline frank1010

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 210
  • -Receive: 336
« Reply #25 on: 08:38 11-May-2016 »
I crossed the border many times by car and the usual procedure is that some customs guy sticks his head in the trunk and stamps a paper. Thats it. And in the past even that could be avoided by handing over a small papernote ... Only when entering EU I was always asked how much money I had on me ...

Offline Simcal

• Subscriber
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: 22:10 25-May-2016 »
Some help on expatriating fund if anyone needs

it is difficult, because Ukraine has currency restrictions of getting money out of the country (due to recent crisis in currency exchange rates and generally a soviet inheritence).

There are ways to go about it, but as Lisa noted you need to prove where you got the foreign currency (in Ukraine that is) in the first place. Or you can get the money for your apartment in Ukrainian currency, and then exchange it in a bank or banks officially (but there are limits to exchanging to foreign currency as well).

then you will need to discuss with your bank how you can transfer foreign currency from Ukraine to your or your relatives bank accounts abroad.

Another way which I know is working, is just put Ukrainian hryvnya on a Ukrainian bank issued card (debit card), or better several cards, and then take out as much as you want daily from such card(s) abroad through an ATM in the foreign currency. Then the bank will apply exchange commission fees, but those are not very high. There are also limits how much you can take out of a card in one day (you can check with the bank), but you may do such taking out from the card(s) during several days.

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: 04:20 26-May-2016 »
Your bank will (mine does) send money or receive money via the SWIFT system. It isn't rocket science, simply ASK your bank up front.

Offline Boston

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
  • I cant say that soft "L" to save my life
« Reply #28 on: 08:31 08-Jul-2016 »
Simcal, I'd be happy to help. Where is the money going? US? Send me a pm if you'd like. I recently went through the opposite situation. Weeks of bouncing banks taking moneygram. SWIFT works too but Privat bank made me jump through 1000 hoops before giving me access to the money. After a headache and a half I finally found a better way and have been able to move a bunch.

My wife and I are building a small hotel in Lviv, I am usually an overly optimistic person but its been a nightmare, part of the challenge her I guess. Bills keep pilling up but the building is coming along.