Author Topic: Russia is sounding the alarm over the situation in Crimea  (Read 217 times)

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2456
  • -Receive: 1862
Russia is sounding the alarm over the situation in Crimea - Poklonskaya urgently needs help from Ukraine June 1, 2020, 13:00 Moscow officially recognized the disaster in Crimea with the provision of the peninsula with fresh water. Without Ukraine, Russians cannot solve the problem. Deputy Natalia Poklonskaya wrote an urgent letter to the UN High Commissioner. The Russian authorities are sounding the alarm because of the dire situation with fresh water in the Crimea: without Ukrainian water from the Dnieper, the peninsula was on the verge of an environmental disaster. This was stated by Deputy Natalia Poklonskaya in a letter addressed to the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet.

Its text was published by the Kremlin news agency RIA Novosti. Poklonskaya states that Ukraine ?flagrantly violates the fundamental rights of the inhabitants of the peninsula,? because it deprived millions of people of drinking water. According to the ?deputy?, the water resources of the Dnieper are international in nature and originate from the territory of the Russian Federation, where, according to her, the bulk of the river?s water is generated, which flows to Ukraine. The Russian deputy also claims that the Dnieper channel was allegedly built not only at the expense of the Ukrainian people, but also by the forces of the entire USSR in the last century.

Poklonskaya again remembered the "coup d'etat" during the Revolution of Dignity and believes that in this way Ukraine takes revenge on the inhabitants of the peninsula. ?By taking anti-humane actions, the Ukrainian authorities pursue a hateful policy and are guided by feelings of revenge against Crimeans who opposed the coup in Kiev in 2014,? she complained. Moreover, according to her, the situation in the Crimea is simply disastrous. Recall that the Russian military occupied the peninsula in 2014 after the invasion and the so-called "referendum", which was not recognized by any civilized country in the world. Russia continues to consider Crimea its own and refuses to discuss the issue of returning it to Ukraine on a full-fledged basis. Economic and financial sanctions were introduced for the occupation of the peninsula against Russia, which will not be lifted until the peninsula returns to Ukraine.

читайте подробнее на сайте "Диалог.UA": https://www.dialog.ua/ukraine/208529_1591005029?utm_campaign=%D0%94%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B3.UA&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3110
  • -Receive: 4831
  • What's the future ever done for me?
So these dick-tards built a bridge to get there, and blocked off Azov access at a whim....I am sure they can figure out what to do with the Fraking sea water that surrounds 90% of the peninsula.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Online Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4024
  • -Receive: 1729
  • Gainfully unemployed
Boo forkin hoo!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Cry me a river of commie tears.
Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1000
  • -Receive: 1317
  • Statue of the Motherland
Russia also stole Ukraine's offshore oil and gas resources off Crimea after saying during the invasion, they didn't want them.
Proclaiming that the water resources are a legacy of the USSR to Crimea seems to ignore that Crimea was a legacy of the USSR to Ukraine. 

Ultimately, this seems to be about Russia hoping Zelensky in particular, will have some empathy for thirsty Russians and that Ukraine's economy could use a peace deal, right now.  It doesn't seem likely that Russia will invade soon, because of the low oil and gas prices and Coronavirus.  They allegedly have a huge gold reserve, though.

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2456
  • -Receive: 1862
They also hijacked 2 drilling ships working in that area. That's piracy . I'm surprised that no charges about that have made the news.
 It could easily be a separate court case to show that it was an armed invasion.
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 133
  • -Receive: 170