Author Topic: COVID-19 insurance  (Read 307 times)

Offline EMLackey

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
COVID-19 insurance
« on: 14:48 10-Jul-2020 »
Does anybody know what exactly the policy has to be/say?

We are here on a TRP, but need to make a trip to America, so will have to buy covid insurance. And don't want to spend multi-bucks on a policy that they then won't accept.

Online Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4042
  • -Receive: 1742
  • Gainfully unemployed
Re: COVID-19 insurance
« Reply #1 on: 07:28 11-Jul-2020 »
I'll be going with these guys when I return to lovely UA.
https://eurotravelins.com.ua/en/online-service/buy-online/

Less than 400 uah for a 90 day policy.

I got a big list of companies from the UA Consulate here in South Africa.  Will try to attach it below.

I sent out several emails from that list and got a few replies.

Udachi
Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

Online gregorycrs

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 44
  • I'm new here - but you don't need to be gentle!
« Reply #2 on: 16:57 11-Jul-2020 »
How did you get to less than 400 UAH for 90 days?  The lowest cost one I see is 11.25 UAH per day per the link you provided.   

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2474
  • -Receive: 1869
« Reply #3 on: 20:22 11-Jul-2020 »
Keep an eye on him.. When he runs out of fingers and toes he's totally lost.   :)
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Online Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4042
  • -Receive: 1742
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #4 on: 08:02 12-Jul-2020 »
How did you get to less than 400 UAH for 90 days?  The lowest cost one I see is 11.25 UAH per day per the link you provided.   

I must have read the thing wrong or they seriously bumped their rates up since I last looked.  I filled in the blanks and it gives the cost.   I just did it again and now it gives me 4103.84 UAH
Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 155
  • -Receive: 187
« Reply #5 on: 11:54 12-Jul-2020 »

I must have read the thing wrong or they seriously bumped their rates up since I last looked.  I filled in the blanks and it gives the cost.   I just did it again and now it gives me 4103.84 UAH

That's more like it and $150 for 3 months is somewhat of a bargain. One wonders exactly what sort of cover one could enjoy. For example, most western travel insurance covers cancelled flights, lost luggage and so on.

You would need to check the cover specifically mentions COVID-19 cover. Bear in mind also, that even before the pandemic, insurance cover was supposedly a prerequisite upon entry to Ukraine.

Online gregorycrs

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 14:36 12-Jul-2020 »
This one looks good.  I will be trying this in a few days.

https://www.oberig-sg.com/foreigners-for-entry-to-ukraine

input your start date and it will automatically put a 6 month end date.  Insured for 30,000 EUR.  736 UAH for 6 months.  If I'm understanding this correctly.

Our policy is suitable for crossing the border and meets the requirements of the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine #480 of 06/12/2020. The policy covers the costs of treatment with COVID-19 (coronavirus) and observation as required by border guards. Clients with our policies successfully passed passport control of the State Border Service of Ukraine.

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 155
  • -Receive: 187
« Reply #7 on: 16:06 12-Jul-2020 »

input your start date and it will automatically put a 6 month end date.  Insured for 30,000 EUR.  736 UAH for 6 months.  If I'm understanding this correctly.

Our policy is suitable for crossing the border and meets the requirements of the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine #480 of 06/12/2020. The policy covers the costs of treatment with COVID-19 (coronavirus) and observation as required by border guards. Clients with our policies successfully passed passport control of the State Border Service of Ukraine.

Excellent! Good find.

Here's another as recommended by UIA but expect the cost to be much more than Oberig. I have checked neither the potential cost nor the "small print".

https://eurotravelins.com.ua/upload/products/production/erv/packages/kmu/opisanie_paketov_kmu_eng.pdf

includes:

Payment of the cost of COVID-19 rapid testing, COVID-19 laboratory tests, prescribed by the doctor in the presence of signs of the disease, as evidenced by the relevant medical report, as well as outpatient and inpatient treatment of the Insured person with COVID-19

Online gregorycrs

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: 18:26 16-Jul-2020 »

We went with the above mentioned insurance provider.  Total came to 750 UAH.  736 UAH for 6 months and 14 UAH fee by our UA bank.  Wife did it online and it was so easy.  You will need to provide passport information from your biographic page.  In less than 10 minutes, we received the stamped letter showing I have Covid-19 coverage. 

Online gregorycrs

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: 18:30 27-Jul-2020 »
So, had no problem getting into Ukraine with the Covid-19 insurance through we purchased through https://www.oberig-sg.com/foreigners-for-entry-to-ukraine.  What surprised me was that Turkish Airlines in Miami asked me for it at check in.  They took a snapshot of it and by email sent us a copy.  Also was asked for it at Passport Control in Kiev.