Author Topic: CORONAVIRUS - overstaying a 90-day visa free term in Ukraine  (Read 218 times)

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 155
  • -Receive: 187
From the UK Embassy in Ukraine:

According to the Ukrainian State Migration Service, there will be no penalties for foreigners who were staying in Ukraine legally when restrictions on leaving the country were introduced and have since been unable to leave.

This measure is limited to the period for which travel restrictions are in force.

Please check our Ukraine travel advice for updates.

Further information from the Ukrainian State Migration Service:

https://dmsu.gov.ua/news/dms/7014.html

https://dmsu.gov.ua/news/dms/7005.html

Other advice can be seen on the Embassy's FB website:

British Embassy Kyiv

Offline roz

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
 Just a few points about Immigration - first to vent some of my frustration, which I normally get when trying to register in Lviv nd secondly to share some points on how the system could be radically improved....

1.  My welcome in Lviv was you overstayed so we should 'forcibly deport' you
2.   Total incompetence and rudeness in the SMS offices -we were sent from 1 office location to another then to a 3rd and then back to the 1st - arranged to come today at 9 a.m. ' director' will be back in 10 minutes - I came 7 times.... the guy refused to give me a phone number to save me physically checking back.    The new 'passport service' one-stop shop is really good BUT it typical of a Ukrainian reform where HALF the job is done - for expats we have to go to the 15-stop SMS service - how is it that the EU gave 'visa-free' travel to Ukraine and got zero in return??

General suggestions:
1.  The temporary registration cards have a finish date on them.  It is impossible to 'give them back' as you need it to leave Ukraine so the only way would be to courier it.   So why not simply have them automatically deregister you at the close date - remove the need to physically return the plastic card and (pretty unbelievable) send the person a phone text say 30 days before t finishes.  Would that really be so difficult? 
2.  Cancel the need to go abroad to get a visa D which has no function at all except to allow you to start the migration process.  I thought I read here (or somewhere) last year that, at long last, this was cancelled, but not so, at least, in Lviv - did anyone see this? 
 3. How about the EU arranging an easier and more welcoming migration service for foreigners many of whom contribute to projects / reforms or are investors........... 

Cheers,  Roz

Online gregorycrs

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 44
  • I'm new here - but you don't need to be gentle!
I feel your pain.  I was denied a Permanent Residency Permit last week because I do not have a D visa in my passport.  It's just a scam money maker for Ukraine.  Ridiculous to have to leave Ukraine to get a D visa at an exorbitant amount just to return to Ukraine again.  Plus seems most of them in SMS give you the run around constantly wanting more documentation. 

Offline youngken

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 28
Just a simple poll!
Will Ukrainian turn to a bad image of Chinese or Chinese government during to their suffering from  CORONAVIRUS?

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3116
  • -Receive: 4846
  • What's the future ever done for me?
Just a simple poll!
Will Ukrainian turn to a bad image of Chinese or Chinese government during to their suffering from  CORONAVIRUS?

China is a Communist country ruled by Winnie The Pooh.
Ukraine is only run by ex-Communists and an ass-clown.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2474
  • -Receive: 1869
Covid 19 is the NINETEENTH time that China has released a virus into the rest of the world.. 

Do you think that it leaves a good impression of China?
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 155
  • -Receive: 187
Covid 19 is the NINETEENTH time that China has released a virus into the rest of the world.. 

Do you think that it leaves a good impression of China?

I understood the 19 related to 2019. However, I am neither a doctor nor a scientist.

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
Possibly but that's not what I read somewhere.   :-[

edit to add: I just did a giggle search and I was mistaken..    :(
« Last Edit: 07:02 16-Aug-2020 by AkMike »
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4042
  • -Receive: 1742
  • Gainfully unemployed
Possibly but that's not what I read somewhere.   :-[

edit to add: I just did a giggle search and I was mistaken..    :(

Say it ain't so!!   :o
Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
It happens once in a while...
I `fess up when I screw up.