Author Topic: PRP Question  (Read 62 times)

K24 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline keving41

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 22
  • ATO wounded Veteran, avdiivka-zaitseve
PRP Question
« on: 08:11 28-Jul-2020 »
Do I?ve had a PRP for some years, I was married to a UA citizen for 3 years but am divorced from her.

I went to the immigration office to apply for citizenship with my documents from ato, the immigration official said he didn?t think my documents with grounds for citizenship...and he seemed to not like me and was disinterested to help me further(atleast that?s how I felt about how he treated me).  Any way it got me to thinking if one of these immigration officials doesn?t like me, can he create problems for me like canceling my resident permit or something in that way or are cancelations of PRP handled by courts and need reasons and proof that the foreigner violated some law?

Online Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4036
  • -Receive: 1736
  • Gainfully unemployed
Re: PRP Question
« Reply #1 on: 10:07 28-Jul-2020 »
Its not just you, they don't like anyone who walks into their office and makes them do their job.

Be that as it may.........
IIRC, if you got PRP based on marriage (Family Reunification) then got divorced, your PRP is no longer valid. 

Which means your gummit weinie is correct and you can't make him do his job.
Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

Offline keving41

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: 10:45 28-Jul-2020 »
Its not just you, they don't like anyone who walks into their office and makes them do their job.

IIRC, if you got PRP based on marriage (Family Reunification) then got divorced, your PRP is no longer valid. 

Actually no it is valid still because I was married more then 2 years.  Even he acknowledged that.  In Ukraine prp is valid even after divorce.

Offline keving41

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: 10:49 28-Jul-2020 »

https://immigrationukraine.com/permanent-residence-permit-in-ukraine-by-marriage/

Continuity of the marriage. In order to qualify for a permanent residence permit in Ukraine, your marriage should not be interrupted during the two years. In the event, your marriage is for some reason dissolved, and you marriage another Ukrainian citizen (or re-marry your ?original? Ukrainian spouse), the calculation of the two-year period restarts. In other words, if you were married to a Ukrainian citizen for one year and eleven months, then divorces, and marries another Ukrainian, you will have to wait another two years for getting your permanent residence permit. However, if you decide to divorce after your permanent residence permit has been issued, the validity of your residence in Ukraine is nevertheless preserved. That is why many foreigners often use this strategy for legalizing their stay in Ukraine;

Offline keving41

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: 10:51 28-Jul-2020 »

Actually no it is valid still because I was married more then 2 years.  Even he acknowledged that It is valid still. Also when I divorced zags notified immigrations about that and they didn?t cancel to permit.  In Ukraine prp is valid even after divorce. 

Online gregorycrs

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 44
  • I'm new here - but you don't need to be gentle!
« Reply #5 on: 11:21 28-Jul-2020 »
Tried to get my PRP last week.  Seems the rules changed again where previously I could get a PRP without the D visa and sometime mid 2019, the wording changed to require the D visa again.  The wife and I both felt that they seemed so happy to deny my PRP.  Now it's crazy to try to get a D visa since Moldova and Poland are off limits to Americans due to COVID-19 restrictions now. 

Offline keving41

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 11:37 28-Jul-2020 »
Tried to get my PRP last week.  Seems the rules changed again where previously I could get a PRP without the D visa and sometime mid 2019, the wording changed to require the D visa again.  The wife and I both felt that they seemed so happy to deny my PRP.  Now it's crazy to try to get a D visa since Moldova and Poland are off limits to Americans due to COVID-19 restrictions now.
Go to Krak?w I did my visa d there in one hour some years ago.  Fastest consulate service ever.

I think the law still says you don’t need a visa D, it might be worth getting a GOOD lawyer for this...Ukrainian government offices often don’t know their own laws.

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 147
  • -Receive: 177
« Reply #7 on: 11:57 28-Jul-2020 »

That was my understanding too.

Offline keving41

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: 12:03 28-Jul-2020 »

Where do you guys get your info from?  Did you read the link above? Below I?ll post a russian language one.   Also if this was the case why didn?t the guy at the immigration office take my resident permit from me when I came to him or why didn?t they do that all the times i crossed the border or when zags informed immigrations about my divorce.  Also he told me to wait a couple more years then I’ve lived 5 years on the prp and can get citizenship that route instead of my veterans documents.

http://info-ovir.com.ua/topic/3897-постоянный-вид-на-жительство-в-украине-после-развода/
« Last Edit: 12:10 28-Jul-2020 by keving41 »

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 147
  • -Receive: 177
« Reply #9 on: 17:45 28-Jul-2020 »

Where do you guys get your info from?  Did you read the link above? Below I?ll post a russian language one.   Also if this was the case why didn?t the guy at the immigration office take my resident permit from me when I came to him or why didn?t they do that all the times i crossed the border or when zags informed immigrations about my divorce.  Also he told me to wait a couple more years then I?ve lived 5 years on the prp and can get citizenship that route instead of my veterans documents.

http://info-ovir.com.ua/topic/3897-постоянный-вид-на-жительство-в-украине-после-развода/

Where do you guys get your info from?

Well, bear in mind we're old and have been through everything but that was years ago (10+ years in some cases), hence TNIC's post and my reply.
Apologies we are not up to speed with the current rules, so thanks for updating those who need this information (and us old farts too).

Offline keving41

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: 20:05 28-Jul-2020 »

Where do you guys get your info from?  Did you read the link above? Below I?ll post a russian language one.   Also if this was the case why didn?t the guy at the immigration office take my resident permit from me when I came to him or why didn?t they do that all the times i crossed the border or when zags informed immigrations about my divorce.  Also he told me to wait a couple more years then I?ve lived 5 years on the prp and can get citizenship that route instead of my veterans documents.

Where do you guys get your info from?

Well, bear in mind we're old and have been through everything but that was years ago (10+ years in some cases), hence TNIC's post and my reply.
Apologies we are not up to speed with the current rules, so thanks for updating those who need this information (and us old farts too).

Sorry didn?t mean to come off as offending anyone who has been here...I was on the phone with a zags today trying to sort some paperwork and they also don?t know any of the new laws and it gets frustrating...sometimes I wish I had money for a lawyer to follow me around 24/7 or do my phone calls for me...But anyway for anyone who reads this and worry?s about loosing prp after divorce should read up the two links I posted above and also read (Порядка оформления удостоверения на постоянное и временное проживание в Украине, утвержденного постановлением Кабинета Министров Украины No.251 от 28.03.2012.). I found it in Russian and Ukrainian and it outlines in what reasons for loss of PRP and divorce is not one of them.  Now the TRP on the other hand will be cancelled if you divorce. 

Online Tnic

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #11 on: 10:07 29-Jul-2020 »
Danka Kev for the updated info.

As my compatriot said, we've gone through this years ago and may not be up on the latest changes and apparently neither are the govt wienies who are supposed to administer the regulations.  What a surprise!  Eto Ukraina after all.  :D

I would print out the new regs (in Ukrainian AND rooskii) as well as the phone numbers they'll have to call to confirm and bring it with me next trip.
Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

Offline keving41

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: 07:19 01-Aug-2020 »

As my compatriot said, we've gone through this years ago and may not be up on the latest changes and apparently neither are the govt wienies who are supposed to administer the regulations.  What a surprise!  Eto Ukraina after all.  :D

I would print out the new regs (in Ukrainian AND rooskii) as well as the phone numbers they'll have to call to confirm and bring it with me next trip.

No problem.  Again sorry if I offended anyone here, nd thank you guys for not slamming me for my frustration.)))

Online Tnic

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #13 on: 11:54 01-Aug-2020 »

No problem.  Again sorry if I offended anyone here, nd thank you guys for not slamming me for my frustration.)))

You're ok Kev.  You stayed away from dissing salo and vodka,  THAT would earned you several scathing replies.  :D

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3113
  • -Receive: 4838
  • What's the future ever done for me?
« Reply #14 on: 16:39 01-Aug-2020 »
Did someone say salo?
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.