Author Topic: Expat Jobs  (Read 1035 times)

Offline BeYou2020

• Subscriber
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Expat Jobs
« on: 19:52 07-Sep-2020 »
Hi guys. First of all some words about me.
I am 39 living in Germany and working in IT sector for a big manufacturing company since 2001 now.
I think the time has come for some changes. Some changes to start something new somewhere new.
A nice target could be Kyiv ! Unfortunately my company don't have any plant or manufacturing in Ukraine.

Now I am researching for a German company who eventually can help me to do this move.
Can somebody give me some hints or suggestions how to do the first step ?

Offline K24

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 100
  • -Receive: 140
Re: Expat Jobs
« Reply #1 on: 02:42 08-Sep-2020 »
Salaries will be drastically lower.  So unless you have some very strong reason for moving there, this would be a rather unusual move.

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 163
  • -Receive: 196
« Reply #2 on: 10:23 08-Sep-2020 »
Open for Business

GIZ Office Ukraine

elcomUkraine : 06 - 09 October 2020

Lots of information available with a little searching with regards to DE manufacturing companies in UA. There will be trade missions and, of course, your DE Embassy.

You should join the expatua Facebook group for you will find it more lively than this web group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/expatua

Good luck!

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2478
  • -Receive: 1877
« Reply #3 on: 07:17 09-Sep-2020 »
Before you take the plunge, I suggest that you come and visit first. Then explore the visa requirements needed to live here. It's not part of the EU and has different visa's.
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline roz

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #4 on: 18:00 27-Nov-2020 »
Ukraine is now the leading supplier of IT expertise in Europe so there is a lot of room for growth and development.  There is a free zoom conference on options for international cooperation below which is from the British Ukraine Chamber of Commerce but I'm confident they would let you join. 

Sent: Friday, November 27, 2020 2:21 PM
To: richardroz@gmail.com
Subject: SAVE THE DATE / British-Ukrainian IT Zoom Webinar on 3 December

SAVE THE DATE / British-Ukrainian IT Zoom Webinar on 3 December
(more details on speakers will follow)
Dear Members and Friends of the British-Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce,

We are pleased to invite you to the British-Ukrainian IT Webinar organized by the BUCC together with Coarea, a true agile British culture innovative digital environment for leading-edge companies.

The Webinar will take place on Zoom on 3 December 2020 at 15:00 to 18:00. The event is composed of two panels for 80 minute each, with a 10 minutes break between them. These panels are on:

(1) Leading Innovation: Why use Ukrainian IT Today for the UK; and
(2) How to Take the UK and Ukrainian IT Industry Forward: Fintech and Related Areas.

The purpose of our webinar is to showcase that the potential of the Ukrainian IT market remains strong despite Covid-19, with many new opportunities being created because of the need increasingly to do business based on the Internet and electronic communications. As you know, Ukraine has top IT, and is now the principal outsourcing destination for U.K. IT, having replaced India. We especially want to highlight fintech as one of key areas for future development within IT in Ukraine.

Please fill in the registration form to participate in this event:

General information:

BUCC's British-Ukrainian IT Zoom Webinar
3 December 2020 at 15:00 to 18:00 

We hope you will be able to join us!

If you may have any questions, please contact Mariia Atamaniuk at buccukraine@gmail.com or +38-050-272-58-41

With best regards,

British-Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce

Cheers Roz