Author Topic: Future of Ukraine  (Read 85 times)

Offline BeYou2020

• Subscriber
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Future of Ukraine
« on: 07:33 10-Oct-2020 »
Anyone here who can try to collect some thoughts and ideas about the future of Ukraine ?
In my opinion it could be a good place for IT businesses and maybe finally a part of EU. It has everything...
I mean maybe Ukraine has to try to follow same approach as Estonia.. to be a digital country...

I am really surprised how eager the president is right now to make everything happen... like trying to attract investors, trying to get Ukraine into EU, Connections to UK, cooperation with Microsoft.... this are only some examples.
I think this lovely country deserve a bright future... what do you guys think ?

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 157
  • -Receive: 195
Re: Future of Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: 09:30 10-Oct-2020 »
Ukraine has been a digital country for many years though unfortunately, the people have yet to grasp the concept and advantages of the digital age despite Ukraine having some of the best coders, analysts, technicians etc.

According to SkillValue 2019 Report, based on 550+ technical assessments, the top 5 countries with the best developers in the world are:
  • Slovakia
  • Mexico
  • Poland
  • Hungary
  • Ukraine
During the last few months, there has been a huge influx of programmers from Belarus, eager to escape the sheet Lukashenko and his Momon thugs. Add to this a number of technology firms have upped and left to relocate in Ukraine together with employees (though some people stayed as there were a lot of families involved).

You ask what we guys think. Well, personally, I believe it will be some time before Ukraine realises its EU dreams due to thieving ass-hats in the Rada and other official outfits enjoying immunity with considerable impunity. Once the country throws these cretins out of their cushy money counting dens AND properly convicts them for their years of stealing, pilfering, fraud and murder, then perhaps we could readily say the country deserves a "bright future"

Online Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4047
  • -Receive: 1744
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #2 on: 11:52 10-Oct-2020 »
Nailed it!

I predict that salo will be banned and become a popular black market item before the asshats in govt (and other oligarchs) ever get convicted and locked up.
Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

Offline BeYou2020

• Subscriber
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #3 on: 12:43 10-Oct-2020 »
Wow ! Thank you for your kind answers. I guess you both are locals and you know what you're talking about ;)

I was looking and seeing only the good things which appear to "non locals" - German. Good summary about the situation :(

As you maybe saw my other post... I was and I am still interested to do a step and move in direction Ukraine... but after reading all that I am not sure if it's a smart decision... I was going to ask my boss for remote work possibility and get first impression about the country and after a while take a decision.. thats why I asked about the future...

My intention was never to "hurt" somebody with my post; just wanted to get a feeling... !

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 157
  • -Receive: 195
« Reply #4 on: 14:30 10-Oct-2020 »

My intention was never to "hurt" somebody with my post; just wanted to get a feeling... !

Never even thought that for a moment!

Moving to Ukraine to work remotely IS a smart decision. Beautiful country, lots of history, places of beauty and, with luck, you meet friendly people. Internet speeds in some regions are phenomenal and cheap.

Funnily enough, neither of us are local these days although we have spent some considerable time in Ukraine. We go for 3 months at a time but, thanks to the current pandemic, any trips are on hold.

You will need to familiarise yourself with the rules for entry to Ukraine for work.

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2478
  • -Receive: 1875
« Reply #5 on: 21:30 10-Oct-2020 »
But they have had their time in country.
 I'm optimistic about the future as long as they clean out the crooks in power and behind the throne. It's been getting better at street level, slow oh so slow but there is improvement. Roads are finally being repaved after many years of neglect. manhole covers are replace rather than just shoving branches in to was motorist of a BIG pothole.  (Thieves steal them for scrap metal)
 I hope that things continue to get better and would if the moscow midget would back off the invasion and return Crimes.
 Before making a move here I suggest that you visit and see if you can manage independently. Language will be a barrier constantly. Maybe not so much in the IT field but at the stores and everyday life. Lviv area speaks mainly Ukrainian and Kyiv is mostly russian. But Ukrainian is becoming more populat because of the invasion.
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3120
  • -Receive: 4849
  • What's the future ever done for me?
« Reply #6 on: 08:27 13-Oct-2020 »

Internet speeds in some regions are phenomenal and cheap.

For example I live in Bila Tserkva, I have BKM as my internet provider. I have a full fiber optic line all the way into the router in the house. I have an average of 940Mbps down and about 960 up, total cost for the year 2400UAH with my discount 2100UAH (~$74.00 USD or basically $6. a month) Ping average is 2.5. Downtime....about 0%!  6 bucks a month! my friend in Portland Oregon pays $100 a month for less speed....

Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.