Introductions... > Introductions from new Members

Long time lurker, first time poster

(1/5) > >>

JoeAnna:
Hi,

Call me Joe. I'm an American who's lived in Ukraine since 1996. Next June, surviving Covid, I should hit 25 years. I write for some toothy periodicals published both here and in the US. I'd love to hear from anyone, but if you've got any advice about US Covid stimulus checks and/or about reacclimating to the US, you'd have my extra special attention.

Good work on the forum; it's a real help in a place that struggles as hard as Ukraine does with public information releases.

peace from Kyiv

AkMike:
Hello Joe, There's a local man here that's been here since 88 so you don't have the record yet.. But you've still got a chance.. :D
 If you've been paying US taxes then the check should have been deposited in the same account as you pay them from. At least that my understanding.
 If you're planning on moving back depending on where you go and where you're at now it might not be a big change. Or it could be huge. Personally I think that during the next 4 years are going to see a serious decline of the US. I hope that I'm wrong. We'll see.

UKUA:

--- Quote from: AkMike on 05:43 19-Feb-2021 ---
 Personally I think that during the next 4 years are going to see a serious decline of the US. I hope that I'm wrong. We'll see.

--- End quote ---

So, for the next 4 years, you'll be biding ( :D) your time? Could be 8 or even 12. Who knows?

Ted:

--- Quote from: UKUA on 15:24 20-Feb-2021 ---
--- Quote from: AkMike on 05:43 19-Feb-2021 ---
 Personally I think that during the next 4 years are going to see a serious decline of the US. I hope that I'm wrong. We'll see.

--- End quote ---

So, for the next 4 years, you'll be biding ( :D) your time? Could be 8 or even 12. Who knows?

--- End quote ---

I dunno about anyone else but I am never going back for any reason. The U.S. has worked my last nerve.

Tnic:
Joe, welcome and I hope to see more of you (here in the forum, don't get creepy now) in the future.

I'm in Maine waiting for things to settle enough to get my bride's Visa Interview scheduled and done so I can bring her here to help finish building our little cabin in the hay field/love shack.  Far too many things I enjoy doing here that are impossible for me in UA.  Like Keeping & Bearing and waking up to the cries of coyotes at midnight and roosters in the morning and a beautiful sun rise without a concrete canyon spoiling the view.

Fraucha:  You know too much to come back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version