Expatriate Life > Health and Medical - and vets

Covid vaccinations for foreigners

(1/8) > >>

UKUA:
From the KP.

Foreign citizens living in Ukraine, including those with residency permits, will have to request the vaccine from their insurance companies if they cover it or pay to be vaccinated at a private clinic.

The vaccine is expected to become commercially available in the summer of 2021, according to the Health Ministry.

Modified as this is now NOT the case for those having PR or TPR. See my later post below:

--- Quote from: UKUA on 10:29 05-May-2021 ---
--- Quote from: David Rochlin on 22:47 04-May-2021 ---Yes, but what are the vaccine options at the private clinics?  Most Americans who want any vaccine would prefer the Pfizer or Moderna mRNA vaccines to the AstraZenica vaccine or J&J or Sputnik-5 (unavailable in Ukraine,) which are all live virus vaccines and have rare but well publicized side effects (well Sputniks are secret.)  The Chinese vaccines are about 55% effective, which is crap.

--- End quote ---

The expat community in Kyiv who have been vaccinated by the Ukrainian National Health Service (as they are entitled to sign up for by virtue of their being PR or TPR) received Oxford AstraZeneca. No fatalities yet.

Stop scaremongering and get your shot - just not the Spurt Nick or Chinese vaccines.

--- End quote ---

fabula_rasa:
That is very good to know, I've actually been pondering that exact topic lately.
Any rumors on the cost of that vaccination?

jbenet:
something on the back of everyone's mind... with just 1% of the population vaccinated, it seems a distant prospect.

Tnic:

--- Quote from: fabula_rasa on 14:33 28-Mar-2021 ---That is very good to know, I've actually been pondering that exact topic lately.
Any rumors on the cost of that vaccination?

--- End quote ---

Just did a quick sweep with giggle and it looks like anywhere from $20 - $50 USD in the States.  I'm guessing it'll be somewhat less here in UA.

steveo:
I put myself on the list on Дiя, it didn't tell me I wasn't eligible. My understanding is that so few Ukrainians trust the vaccine and because once you open a vial you need to finish it, that if you rock up to the hospital they can give you a shot in the arm. Certain vaccines won't qualify for travel to the EU though. If the testing procedure is anything to go by, if a vaccine costs US$20 in the US, it will cost US$100 here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version