Author Topic: Covid vaccinations for foreigners  (Read 938 times)

Offline fabula_rasa

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 57
Re: Covid vaccinations for foreigners
« Reply #30 on: 11:22 25-Jul-2021 »
All it takes is a little digging with the help of your Ukrainian wife and you will find what you are looking for. I even got married and my entire TPR and PR done for free without a lawyer. Not saying it was fun, but I clearly learned the system doing it all on my own.

I also did my entire TPR and PR without a lawyer. Isn't it a default way? Why would you even want or need a lawyer for this?

What intrigues me more is that you did it for free! How did you manage to make them waive the fee for issuing a document? I mean, any document I ever had a contact with in Ukraine is paid (whether it's a PR, passport, driving license, car docs, or just anything really) - they always charged me for issuing a document. And I never saw any possible exceptions listed in the rules. But I might have missed something interesting! Tell me your secrets!

Offline Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4076
  • -Receive: 1778
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #31 on: 11:31 25-Jul-2021 »
All it takes is a little digging with the help of your Ukrainian wife and you will find what you are looking for. I even got married and my entire TPR and PR done for free without a lawyer. Not saying it was fun, but I clearly learned the system doing it all on my own.

I also did my entire TPR and PR without a lawyer. Isn't it a default way? Why would you even want or need a lawyer for this?

What intrigues me more is that you did it for free! How did you manage to make them waive the fee for issuing a document? I mean, any document I ever had a contact with in Ukraine is paid (whether it's a PR, passport, driving license, car docs, or just anything really) - they always charged me for issuing a document. And I never saw any possible exceptions listed in the rules. But I might have missed something interesting! Tell me your secrets!

I didn't hire an advocat either, but paid the required doc fees and one "special expedite fee" of 100 usd.  I didn't learn a darned thing, my wife did the talking, I was just along for the exercise.
The only way to stop evil men is good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline fabula_rasa

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 57
« Reply #32 on: 11:58 25-Jul-2021 »
I didn't hire an advocat either, but paid the required doc fees and one "special expedite fee" of 100 usd.  I didn't learn a darned thing, my wife did the talking, I was just along for the exercise.

I actually learned one very important thing - don't take your PR photo while wearing a dress with thin shoulder straps! They will proclaim you naked and start drawing fake sleeves on you in an old, old version of Photoshop... ineptly (true story!)  ;D

Offline Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4076
  • -Receive: 1778
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #33 on: 00:49 26-Jul-2021 »

I actually learned one very important thing - don't take your PR photo while wearing a dress with thin shoulder straps! They will proclaim you naked and start drawing fake sleeves on you in an old, old version of Photoshop... ineptly (true story!)  ;D

:D :D :D
The only way to stop evil men is good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
« Reply #34 on: 06:48 26-Jul-2021 »

Ah FREE meaning did not have to pay someone to do the legwork and paperwork. The fees for docs (including marriage) in almost all cases were averaging 50UAH, I think I spent total including some insurance, about $75 for everything. So not FREE but damn close. DL was a different story as you had to pay for the class etc.

Lawyers for PR and TPR were always mentioned here on the forum because Yeah you don't NEED a lawyer to do PR and TPR, but sooooo many guys come here and don't know what to do and the first thing they ask is "Do you know a lawyer who speaks English to help me with TPR or PR" To which I always referred them to their local OVIR.
« Last Edit: 07:05 26-Jul-2021 by Fraucha »