Author Topic: Private car in Ukraine  (Read 377 times)

Offline Sailor291

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 27
Private car in Ukraine
« on: 14:53 18-Mar-2021 »
My wife and I need to fly to Ukraine at the end of May to see her mother.  We haven?t been able to see her in 2 years.  We?ve already cancelled one trip due to the Corona situation.  If trains and buses are still cancelled at the end of May does anybody have any idea how much a private car May charge to get from Lviv airport to Chernivtsi?  We may end up postponing our trip again but want to know how much a car would be if we do go.  Thanks.

We?re both vaccinated in case anybody is wondering. 

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2504
  • -Receive: 1921
Re: Private car in Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: 17:03 18-Mar-2021 »
Public transportation should still be going.
 They just put  a strict lockdown for Kyiv. Lviv and Bukovel are also in this mode.  Check out the online site for the trains and buses.  They might be down to 50% cap.
 Rather than rent a car check ut Bla-Bla car.  Look for review on the driver.
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline Sailor291

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #2 on: 17:31 18-Mar-2021 »
I checked the online ticketing for Ukrainian trains and it shows no service between Lviv and Chernivtsi all the way to mid May.  I tried several different times if the month and different week days, no trains.  Not sure what we are going to do, May have to cancel again. 

Tnic

« Reply #3 on: 11:48 19-Mar-2021 »
I checked the online ticketing for Ukrainian trains and it shows no service between Lviv and Chernivtsi all the way to mid May.  I tried several different times if the month and different week days, no trains.  Not sure what we are going to do, May have to cancel again.

The webpage may not be all that reliable, eto Ukraina da?

As Mike said the latest round of restrictions are for capacity, so its likely they aren't allowing online ticketing because of that.  Can you find someone to inquire at the vokzal in person for you?

UKUA

« Reply #4 on: 20:45 19-Mar-2021 »

does anybody have any idea how much a private car

Self-drive .....

Example - a week's car rental (self-drive) in May

UKUA

« Reply #5 on: 20:50 19-Mar-2021 »
...... or

How to order car rental with a driver
Ordering takes only a few minutes. Please contact us by phone, or leave a request website using a form at the top right of this page. If you have questions, ask our employee. Manager will accept the order and call you to figure out the details. All the information about prices will be sent via SMS to your phone number.

On the day of the order we will provide all the necessary information about the car. The driver will pick you up and deliver to the destination. We work around the clock and guarantee 100% delivery. All our cars are in perfect condition, drivers are polite, courteous and professional. You will enjoy the trip!

7Cars - rent with driver

Our resident search engine Superman!   :D
« Last Edit: 11:25 20-Mar-2021 by Tnic »