Author Topic: Hide the wife and daughters  (Read 41 times)

Peter_JJ and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4066
  • -Receive: 1762
  • Gainfully unemployed
Hide the wife and daughters
« on: 12:04 19-Mar-2021 »
Did he just use click bait?

Anyway, despite all the crazy shyte going on, the US Consulate FINALLY allowed access to their Interview Scheduling page and I will be returning to UA after more than a years absence, to fetch my wife home mid April, hoping to return to the USA by mid to late May.

Also, despite protestations to the contrary, I've decided to get the vaccine to avoid (hopefully) quarantines when I get there and yes, I'll get swabbed at KBP if they require it.

Not sure what to expect when I get back, but I'm sure it'll be "interesting" for an old rebel.

The only way to stop evil men is good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline cc3

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 543
  • -Receive: 812
Re: Hide the wife and daughters
« Reply #1 on: 16:34 08-Apr-2021 »
Good luck, Tim. Nina and I have been living in northern NY, just south of Montreal, since Feb 2020. She loves living here...I would rather be in Colorado, but this Chinese flu has really screwed up moving freely about the country. In two more weeks, we will receive our second COVID shots, so we should be good for unrestricted travel.

Ciao, Chuck
"But if history teaches anything, it teaches that simpleminded appeasement or wishful thinking about our adversaries is folly. It means the betrayal of our past, the squandering of our freedom."

Ronald Reagan

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3130
  • -Receive: 4860
  • In search of procrastination.
« Reply #2 on: 05:16 09-Apr-2021 »
Also, despite protestations to the contrary, I've decided to get the vaccine to avoid (hopefully) quarantines when I get there and yes, I'll get swabbed at KBP if they require it.

You know that is a rectal examination now don't you?
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Online Tnic

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #3 on: 10:29 09-Apr-2021 »
Good luck, Tim. Nina and I have been living in northern NY, just south of Montreal, since Feb 2020. She loves living here...I would rather be in Colorado, but this Chinese flu has really screwed up moving freely about the country. In two more weeks, we will receive our second COVID shots, so we should be good for unrestricted travel.

Ciao, Chuck

Thanks Chuck!

Maybe we should try to do our own version of TexMex BBQ sometime soon.  I have a HS classmate that lives in up state NY as well with her hubby.  The town they got last years (Rock Ctr?) Christmas tree from iirc.

I for one am looking forward to no more flying back & forth and letting some roots take hold here.

Online Tnic

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #4 on: 10:31 09-Apr-2021 »

You know that is a rectal examination now don't you?

:D :D :D

Turns out I have to do it here before I leave.  At least I can be fairly confident that I'm the first user of that particular swab.