Author Topic: Adaptive Quarantine Questions  (Read 1813 times)

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
Re: Adaptive Quarantine Questions
« Reply #15 on: 06:15 20-Apr-2021 »
Seems y'all haven't a clue as to the situation in Belarus at the moment.

Oh most of us do, we know a Meat Puppet when we see one.

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1030
  • -Receive: 1340
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #16 on: 07:25 20-Apr-2021 »
Lukashenka for sure has flaws and his regime is brutal, and his election victory was a fraud.   Vodka tractor riding and saunas he recommends, are not the Coronavirus curing miracles he suggests.
   But, as a dictator, he has kept Belarus from war with Russia, and not all Russia's neighbors can say as much.  Lukashenka is a wily character.

UKUA

« Reply #17 on: 20:18 21-Apr-2021 »

D This way I live a happy life.

Good for you but I am a supporter of a children's charity there. The situation is dire and we worry about the local staff and the children especially.

Offline fabula_rasa

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 63
  • -Receive: 66
« Reply #18 on: 22:27 21-Apr-2021 »
Good for you but I am a supporter of a children's charity there. The situation is dire and we worry about the local staff and the children especially.

The situation is dire for so many people in so many places in the world. And a lot of it caused exactly by a political dick size comparisons. And I personally can do exactly nothing about that. My worrying changes nothing and has even less effect than Polish declaration of support for Ukraine will if Russia actually moves in those troops they have on the border.

Offline fabula_rasa

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: 22:53 21-Apr-2021 »
Don't get me wrong, supporting charities is great - that actually does something and is of benefit to people/animals/planet. Worrying, wondering and reading on the news what one or other madman in power did or said lately does exactly nothing but give one reflux (and maybe some amusement if a thing was especially stupid).

Tnic

« Reply #20 on: 09:17 23-Apr-2021 »
Well not gonna comment on the local happenings, but I did enter UA without any mention of quarantine.

I had a current PCR test result on my phone and a current Ins policy covering the rona and they said welcome to Ukraine sir.

We spent a few days in Kyiv, completed my wife's Immy Med Exam on Tue, picked up the packet from IOM yesterday and now in my own little chair in my own little corner in Kramatorsk once again.  I heard the bleeder in huilostan even pulled the troops back from the border.  I shoulda come sooner, coulda saved some anxious moments for some folks.   ;D ;D ;D

Offline fabula_rasa

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: 11:37 23-Apr-2021 »
Well not gonna comment on the local happenings, but I did enter UA without any mention of quarantine.

I had a current PCR test result on my phone and a current Ins policy covering the rona and they said welcome to Ukraine sir.

We spent a few days in Kyiv, completed my wife's Immy Med Exam on Tue, picked up the packet from IOM yesterday and now in my own little chair in my own little corner in Kramatorsk once again.  I heard the bleeder in huilostan even pulled the troops back from the border.  I shoulda come sooner, coulda saved some anxious moments for some folks.   ;D ;D ;D

So it's all thanks to you! You are indeed scary, sir Tnic - scare away the whole army from the border just by your mighty presence. Well done  ;) :)

Tnic

« Reply #22 on: 16:56 23-Apr-2021 »

So it's all thanks to you! You are indeed scary, sir Tnic - scare away the whole army from the border just by your mighty presence. Well done  ;) :)

;D ;D  I might not look like much, but I can still giterdun.  :D :D

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1030
  • -Receive: 1340
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #23 on: 23:52 25-Apr-2021 »
News suggests that Kyiv will be down, perhaps even to the yellow zone after Easter (probably back to red by the end of Summer.)
Unfortunately, countries applauded for successful management of the virus are then jeered as the worst, just months later.  People don't realize that all the business closures and restrictions do is postpone infections for later.  It only results in fewer infections, if the population is vaccinated before surges in infections. 
   If a country has an extra high death rate, then usually that is about hospitals being overwhelmed and patients not getting proper care. 
Belarus'  standard of care is not bad, I mean, internationally it is a popular medical tourism destination.
Lukashenka is doing almost nothing except the hated ten days isolation, in terms of quarantine.  But, they are starting to vaccinate now.  Really, vaccination is the only way to bring an end to the pandemic in a country.   
  But, don't worry that Lukashenka will die of Coronavirus, without estate planning.  Lukashenka just announced that should he die, Lukashenka Jr. will be Belarus' new President.  Citizens needn't  pine for the lack of a Lukashenka.