Author Topic: Bank branches closed in Kiev because of quarantine?  (Read 24 times)

Offline K24

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 107
  • -Receive: 140
I repeatedly tried to call a few bank branches in Kiev today, but nobody picked up the phone.  Are bank branches closed because of the quarantine?  If so, anybody knows when they open again?  Thanks.

Online fabula_rasa

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 42
Re: Bank branches closed in Kiev because of quarantine?
« Reply #1 on: 13:10 07-Apr-2021 »
I repeatedly tried to call a few bank branches in Kiev today, but nobody picked up the phone.  Are bank branches closed because of the quarantine?  If so, anybody knows when they open again?  Thanks.

I answer this in another topic, but will type something here as well, why not  :). The short version is: they should be working normally (except for the weekends and mandatory disinfecting breaks). You were probably just unlucky with the timing of your calls.

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2488
  • -Receive: 1892
« Reply #2 on: 09:35 08-Apr-2021 »
Did you look at the bank's website for news? 
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline K24

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 107
  • -Receive: 140
« Reply #3 on: 13:17 08-Apr-2021 »
Nothing on their website.  Since it is branches of two different banks, I would think that this is not a technical error, but that they are actually (temporarily) closed or do not have enough employees who made it there without public transport to pick up the phone. 
« Last Edit: 13:21 08-Apr-2021 by K24 »