Author Topic: Database  (Read 155 times)

Offline Hairball

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 193
  • I live here....
Database
« on: 11:03 06-Jun-2021 »
is there a data base to find out is someone is married or divorced...In Kyiv

Offline Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4075
  • -Receive: 1778
  • Gainfully unemployed
Re: Database
« Reply #1 on: 06:30 07-Jun-2021 »
No idea, but the right amount of grease applied to the right palm(s) will get you any info you want.
The only way to stop evil men is good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline fabula_rasa

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 57
« Reply #2 on: 18:37 08-Jun-2021 »
There is no such database accessible to the general public. I did a bit of searching, and it's also not an information you can just go and OFFICIALLY request an access to at the proper offices.

But yeah, as Tnic mentioned, this is Ukraine. You could try going to ДРАЦС in Kyiv and seeing how much info some spare money can buy.

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1024
  • -Receive: 1335
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #3 on: 21:26 08-Jun-2021 »
Hire a private detective or maybe a lawyer or someone doing both gigs to do the dirty work.  But, the rule of thumb is that if you are not a paranoid weirdo and you feel strongly that something is wrong, then it probably is.

Offline Kord

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 532
  • -Receive: 341
« Reply #4 on: 03:01 17-Jun-2021 »
Hey guys,

Not trying to hijack this post. Honest!
I'm curious whether my PR is still valid. I divorced my wife a ways back and I'm not sure if my wife's mother revoked whatever it is she did to allow me to get PR.
Does anyone know if foreigner's PR is searcheable online, for renewal or just validity?

Thanks!

I hope all you guys are doing okay and still eating that Salo !

Offline steveo

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 244
  • -Receive: 414
  • Growing older is no excuse for growing up.
« Reply #5 on: 06:45 17-Jun-2021 »

I'm curious whether my PR is still valid. I divorced my wife a ways back and I'm not sure if my wife's mother revoked whatever it is she did to allow me to get PR.

If you have a PR doc, you have PR. Someone I know recently went through a similar case, divorce, then she applied for an updated plastic card PR doc, successfully. If you were married longer than 2 years, you have PR, I know there is some discussion about whether having children affects this, IMO it doesn't. When you're going through the process of getting PR your MIL probably wrote a statement saying that they would support you and let you live in their flat, while undergoing the PR process, if she wrote a statement revoking that after you were granted PR it won't have any bearing on your PR. There is the possibility that if your MIL had connections she could use those to have your residency revoked, it's incredibly unlikely though.

You do need to be registered somewhere, there is no obligation to live where you are registered. The penalty for not being registered somewhere is an administrative fine, it isn't steep, and there are probably ways around being fined. There is an interesting thing I read years ago, that on the basis of two administrative offences the government could deport you, and revoke your PR, but I've never heard of it happening.

Do you have a PR type passport? Or a poopty piece of brown cardboard PR? Or a plastic card PR doc?
Keep calm and let karma do its thing.

Offline Kord

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 16:25 17-Jun-2021 »
You do need to be registered somewhere

Do you have a PR type passport? Or a poopty piece of brown cardboard PR? Or a plastic card PR doc?

Hi,

Yes, I am aware of the registered requirement which if every Ukrainian lived where they were registered there would be a right disaster! so no problemo with that.

I have a green "Posvidka" (Jeez..I should have buckled down and learned Russian or Ukrainian language years ago  :-\)

which is a passport booklet similar to my other passports.

Thanks very much, you answered perfectly what I was wondering.
I feel somewhat confident my ex-MIL would not revoke my residency. She is a wonderful person.

Offline Kord

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: 20:03 10-Jul-2021 »
is there a data base to find out is someone is married or divorced...In Kyiv

As a result of some other "stuff" I was looking in to I came across this relatively new service in Ukraine:

https://ukrainian-passport.com/pay-online/

I have not used them so I can't vouch for them personally. Based on their Youtube videos they seem pretty legit if not expensive for what they offer.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaq-d25KuZBzDdV9VOLFq3A

I would imagine they would provide a thorough analysis including Marriage status.

Cheers all )