Author Topic: Animal bone ash entering Ukraine  (Read 635 times)

Offline youngken

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 30
Animal bone ash entering Ukraine
« on: 06:49 15-Jun-2021 »
My lovely dog is eleven and a half. I am thinking about her funeral one day even though it will not be urgent.
I think the COVID will be vanished by that time and everything back to normal. I will have to go to Ukraine to arrange some banking matter. I am thinking to bring part of her ash into Ukraine and spill on some beautiful scene.
Any restriction to bring animal bone ash into Ukraine? I think it weight less than 500g.

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1030
  • -Receive: 1340
  • Statue of the Motherland
Re: Animal bone ash entering Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: 06:58 15-Jun-2021 »
Ash could show up as a suspicious item on luggage imaging.  Airport security would then do an explosives residue test, taking a swab from your hands and testing or further examining your pet's remains.
That happened to me with a big bar of African Matoke Soap, one time.

Offline youngken

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: 04:27 16-Jun-2021 »
I think bringing animal residue inside Ukraine is not easy but possible.
https://san-francisco.mfa.gov.ua/en/consular-services/repatriation-deceased-citizens
I suddenly come up a business idea. To run an animal cemetery in Ukraine mainly for foreign customer.
Dnieper is famous and beautiful. Graveyard for such a beautiful place is very expensive in our place but not in Ukraine (Kiev Oblast). In big cities, a lot of singles (or couples without children) keeping pets as their partners. They are willing to pay for thousands of dollar to cure their pets.
If we can find a cheap land to build an animal cemetery, to simplify the Custom procedure of importing animal residue, to arrange a holiday trip for the parents of the pets to visit Ukraine. Such a business is possible.

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1030
  • -Receive: 1340
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #3 on: 15:28 16-Jun-2021 »
Don't expect local business, because Ukrainians, I have observed, tend to leave dead dogs, in the early AM, on the street, near public trash cans or dumpsters.

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
« Reply #4 on: 05:28 17-Jun-2021 »
Don't expect local business, because Ukrainians, I have observed, tend to leave dead dogs, in the early AM, on the street, near public trash cans or dumpsters.

I buried my doggie in a forest next to his kitty brother. No dumpster for members of my family.

Tnic

« Reply #5 on: 05:47 17-Jun-2021 »

I buried my doggie in a forest next to his kitty brother. No dumpster for members of my family.

Same here, but for our roomie's kitty earlier this month.

Offline youngken

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 10:50 17-Jun-2021 »
Does Ukrainian willing to pay thousands of hryvnia to cure their animals. I observe Ukraine has very few vet shop.

Offline youngken

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: 10:51 17-Jun-2021 »

So keeping a dog in Ukraine don't need a license!

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
« Reply #8 on: 08:28 18-Jun-2021 »
Does Ukrainian willing to pay thousands of hryvnia to cure their animals. I observe Ukraine has very few vet shop.

There are vets everywhere, you just have to look or ASK. A good Vet usually has a better hospital for animals then Ukraine has for people.

It's kinda funny though, good animal hospitals and doctors, and yet when the burden becomes too much the Ukrainian/Russian tosses their pet out to die on the street. If it were up to me Slavic peoples would not have pets or children because most of them are clearly incapable of raising either.