Expatriate Life > Health and Medical - and vets

Having trouble registering on DII

(1/2) > >>

Yarletpa:
Hi Guys,

I have been living here in Kiev for 11 years now so my green passport (Permanent Residence Certificate) is quite old anyway I tried to register on DII to see if this will be useful and I am having no end of trouble with the authentication. Using Bankpass takes me to my banks Alfa and Raifaissen and I can log in there ok and even get a success message from them but when I go back to DII on my phone I get a failure message. I am assuming this is because I am an UK expat and when my documents are getting transferred the DII app is failing to recognise them. Does anyone know how or even IF I can work around this ? a trip to the passport office perhaps or god forbid OVIR

Thanks

Paul

jbenet:
My wife just tells me that for a couple days, DIA wasn't working for anyone, until the 6th (she didn't know when it started).

We just went on a holiday to the EU, and it was a struggle to get DIA to work for the covid cert. I have a Pivdennyi account from a couple of years ago, still active, and I can use it to log in to DIA, but it didn't work on creating an electronic signature for the covid QR code.

So, I went and opened a Privatbanka account, and to create a DIA account, needed a different email address and phone number than the one I used with the login from Pivdennyi (basically, new login credentials). That's when I noticed that Pivdennyi bank had used my ID card number as my tax ID number so it didn't match up. But the Privatbank account DID use my UA tax ID number (we got to sign up for a family doctor in the health care system) and I was able to create an electronic signature via the DIA website, which I used to generate a QR code. But the app still doesn't work, however, I took a photo of the QR code on the monitor and it "reads" on scanner devices successfully.

Not sure if this helps with your situation, just make sure your bank has your correct UA tax ID number in their systems, that was the core problem on my first account.

steveo:

--- Quote from: Yarletpa on 11:33 03-Nov-2021 ---Hi Guys,

I have been living here in Kiev for 11 years now so my green passport (Permanent Residence Certificate) is quite old anyway I tried to register on DII to see if this will be useful and I am having no end of trouble with the authentication. Using Bankpass takes me to my banks Alfa and Raifaissen and I can log in there ok and even get a success message from them but when I go back to DII on my phone I get a failure message. I am assuming this is because I am an UK expat and when my documents are getting transferred the DII app is failing to recognise them. Does anyone know how or even IF I can work around this ? a trip to the passport office perhaps or god forbid OVIR

Thanks

Paul

--- End quote ---

I suspect only the new plastic cards work with Diya. I am just updating mine. Will let you know how I get on using it in Diya.

Yarletpa:

[/quote]

I suspect only the new plastic cards work with Diya. I am just updating mine. Will let you know how I get on using it in Diya.
[/quote]
Thanks very much, let me know how the process goes. I remember OVIR was an absolute nightmare and I wouldn't want to go back there. Mrs Y needs a new international passport at some point so if we can do both at the passport office we may wander down to Mall Ukraina opposite the circus.

Cheers

Paul

steveo:

--- Quote from: Yarletpa on 19:47 08-Nov-2021 ---
Thanks very much, let me know how the process goes. I remember OVIR was an absolute nightmare and I wouldn't want to go back there. Mrs Y needs a new international passport at some point so if we can do both at the passport office we may wander down to Mall Ukraina opposite the circus.

Cheers

Paul

--- End quote ---

Process is much smoother if you go through the modern Passport Service offices. Much more user-friendly, you can ask for an English speaking person too. The downside is it's more expensive, it was around 2500 UAH for me. The whole process took a little over an hour, including wait-time. 15 days to pick up the new plastic card. My covid cert is already loaded on Diya, but it didn't work at first because they put the wrong data in the system when I got vaccinated, so I updated the info, and Diya located the vaccination info next time I logged into Diya and I added my vacc cert. without drama.
Cheers,
Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version