Author Topic: Beware of UK Visas Ofice in Kyiv  (Read 17625 times)

Offline BritKyiv

• Still own property in Ukraine
  • Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 58
  • -Receive: 415
Beware of UK Visas Ofice in Kyiv
« on: 21:12 16-Aug-2008 »
Suprise suprise the UK government has passed the processing of UK Visas to another private 'commercial' organisation for granting visas to Ukrainians wanting to visit the UK.

Warning: Anyone wanting to obtain a visa for their spouse/girlfriend/boyfreind etc, then expect problems now.

Believe me, we experienced the introduction of many new 'hurdles' recently. They employ people who have NO IDEA what goes on in the real world.

They now have the cheek to ask people for feedback on their new web site concerning their service level.
See:http://www.ukvac-ua.com/index.aspx

VFS Global is a commercial company, working in partnership with UKvisas and the British Embassy here in Ukraine providing services to help people apply for UKvisas.

My wife recently obtained a visa for the UK, but not without frustrations. After submitting ALL the required documents, the ******* who work there (as described by my wife), still demanded photographic 'evidence' that we are married. So my wife had to return back home again and collect required 'evidence'.
(she was not amused!!).

So please be warned the people employed by VFS will treat visa applicants like ****.

Please feel free to visit their web site and add some comments.

I escaped. Now in Sunny Cyprus

Offline SteveH

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 983
  • -Receive: 251
Re: Beware of UK Visas Ofice in Kyiv
« Reply #1 on: 21:19 16-Aug-2008 »
 I Could Understand this,if it was was a Single Woman/Fiance`,but Not a Married Couple,these Clowns Employed,were Kicked into touch last Year my Most British Companies for Their Inadequecies.

"still demanded photographic 'evidence' that we are married.
So my wife had to return back home again and collect required 'evidence'."
« Last Edit: 11:55 17-Aug-2008 by SteveH »

Carlusha

« Reply #2 on: 22:30 16-Aug-2008 »
P***s! Unbelievable. This change must have been introduced on the say so of some pathetic jobsworth employed by the government. A real step backwards but then, the current government makes it a habit whatever they do.

Offline P-N

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 634
  • -Receive: 2266
  • Cogito Ergo Sum
    • Odessatalk
« Reply #3 on: 06:45 17-Aug-2008 »
Good to see a photograph is seen as more evidence than stamps in both passports and wedding certificate - obviously nobody would have photographs taken as part of an attempted con.  Too difficult to take photographs compared to all those faked stamps and certificates which are so easily obtained.   ::) ::) ::)

Guess those who got married in 5 minutes at the Zak, no fuss, without photographic evidence have a problem then.

I think I will find a copy of the complete EU Court ruling regarding the free movement of spouces married to EU citizens - if Anechka's is turned down I will happily spend A LOT of money taking these people to the EU courts.  >:( >:( >:(

« Last Edit: 07:03 17-Aug-2008 by P-N »
"When surrounded by the dark void of the willfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Me

ecocks

« Reply #4 on: 11:38 17-Aug-2008 »
Ugh! I shudder to think what will be the result if the US Consulate outsources this procedure. 

rjm

« Reply #5 on: 11:42 17-Aug-2008 »
I find this all very depressing, particularly when you look at the almost open door policy that our country has for people from parts of Asia and Africa who have no connection to the country or even a British citizen.

Sadly this is nothing new, I had a nightmare experience at our embassy in Moscow 6 years ago when they practically told me they would not even look at my former spouses application.

Their inability to see an obvious concrete case in front of them is quite frightening and the whole process needs an overhaulin my book.

Our embassy needs a massive kick up the behind on so many issues.I cant even begin to start on my personal bad experiences with them.

I think someone in our Government needs a stiff letter or two!!!

Offline P-N

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • Cogito Ergo Sum
    • Odessatalk
« Reply #6 on: 12:35 17-Aug-2008 »
I find this all very depressing, particularly when you look at the almost open door policy that our country has for people from parts of Asia and Africa who have no connection to the country or even a British citizen.

Sadly this is nothing new, I had a nightmare experience at our embassy in Moscow 6 years ago when they practically told me they would not even look at my former spouses application.

Their inability to see an obvious concrete case in front of them is quite frightening and the whole process needs an overhaulin my book.

Our embassy needs a massive kick up the behind on so many issues.I cant even begin to start on my personal bad experiences with them.

I think someone in our Government needs a stiff letter or two!!!

Two have been sent from me in the last month (with no response I will add).  Feel free to add to the "complaints department" incoming mail though:

UK Visa Application Centre
5/24 Irininskaya Street, Office 90
Kyiv 01034
Ukraine

Of course actually finding a postal address for a "Complaints Department" in the FCO in London is a different matter.  Finding a postal address for the "Boy Blunder" that is David Miliband is also not so easy unless you want to try "pot luck" and address it to Westminster Palace itself.
« Last Edit: 13:05 17-Aug-2008 by P-N »
"When surrounded by the dark void of the willfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Me

Moving

« Reply #7 on: 12:53 17-Aug-2008 »
BritKyiv, what kind of photo evidences did you have to provide? just curious...

RJM, the question of African and Asians is another issue. I think most of them enter the UK (and the rest of EU) presenting other reasons such as claiming refugee status or asking to join relatives who already reside there. Also some Asians may apply for working visa, either as qualified workers (true for some EU countries) or menial workers.

Here for partners of CIS/Russian spouses/fiancees, usually Italian invite them to Italy as if their partners where cleaning ladies/санитаркы/etc... They find it much easier than going the legal way.

Offline P-N

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • Cogito Ergo Sum
    • Odessatalk
« Reply #8 on: 13:19 17-Aug-2008 »

It is still an ancient requirement in UK law, that the marriage be "consumated".  Short of making "Mrs BK" pregnant just to get a visa or providing photographs "not fit for viewing by persons under the age of 18" a wedding photograph genuine or fake still does not prove "marriage" as per the law either.

Quite what a wedding photograph proves is beyond me (it is the easiest thing to fake after all), other than an unnecessary invasion of privacy.

Having pointed this out now, if one of these "individuals" actually reads this (please note I used the word "individuals" as Anechka's application is still to be submitted - if not I would have used words like w***ers, t**sers, numb-n**s, pr**ks, a**eholes etc etc) I wonder what pictures they would now want to see  :o :o :o :o :o

Carlusha

« Reply #9 on: 14:34 17-Aug-2008 »

It is still an ancient requirement in UK law, that the marriage be "consumated".  Short of making "Mrs BK" pregnant just to get a visa or providing photographs "not fit for viewing by persons under the age of 18" a wedding photograph genuine or fake still does not prove "marriage" as per the law either.

Quite what a wedding photograph proves is beyond me (it is the easiest thing to fake after all), other than an unnecessary invasion of privacy.

Having pointed this out now, if one of these "individuals" actually reads this (please note I used the word "individuals" as Anechka's application is still to be submitted - if not I would have used words like w***ers, t**sers, numb-n**s, pr**ks, a**eholes etc etc) I wonder what pictures they would now want to see  :o :o :o :o :o

Mind you, we are talking years ago when the visa section of the UK embassy used goose feather quill pens ........ in our case we were simply requested to submit photograpghs to show "togetherness". At the time, Photoshop  was in its infancy and digital cameras had yet to be invented so we were only able to provide real photographs. However, that said, we attended together and Irinusha mentioned during her interview that I was outside in the waiting room. Once the interviewer knew this, Irina was asked to go outside and I was invited in and asked a few silly puerile questions.

We got the visa.

Offline P-N

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • Cogito Ergo Sum
    • Odessatalk
« Reply #10 on: 15:32 17-Aug-2008 »
I will obviously be there when her interview takes place (I mean outside - the UK visa forms dictate the interview is alone and not accompanied.....just in case the UK citizen knows more about visa rules and EU rulings than they do no doubt  ::))  I am sure a British husband being physically present and able to swear on oath (if necessary) will not count as much as a photograph  ::) >:( :o

Still, if there were any Labour Party proxy voters left in Ukraine ( :o :o ) who are married, this will be another vote winner for them  ::) :D :D :D 
« Last Edit: 15:41 17-Aug-2008 by P-N »

Offline free spirit

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #11 on: 16:46 17-Aug-2008 »
These visa companies are being used in many places by the UK embassy. There is a similar private company that now runs UK visas in Thailand, and one in China etc. This is now more or less standard - and the price has gone up to account for the private company's fees. Whether the use of private companies to perform a government job should be legal is another question - the information you provide to these people is private and confidential and should not be provided to a private company. That someone sitting in a private company with one hand on his **** should be able to take the decision to introduce new hurdles is a disgrace... I am reminded of the UK I left in December 2005 of private car clamping companies allowed to charge whatever they like etc. Any surprise I don't want to go back to that country? Oh, yes, don't get me started - the Royal Mail decided recently to stop deliveries to one village because it is up a hill. One local authority has fined a disabled person for displaying his/her disabled parking  badge upside down. And another area refuses to take rubbish away if the bin does not pass a "two finger" test - if the bin cannot be pulled with two fingers it is too heavy! This visa office thing is just another manifestation of a cultural problem in the UK. Little Hitlers in minor government offices are being supplemented by contracting out to private companies with no controls on their behaviour, all supported by large cohorts of people employed in the "racism" and "health and safety" industries... Welcome to Britain!
« Last Edit: 16:48 17-Aug-2008 by free spirit »

Offline P-N

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • Cogito Ergo Sum
    • Odessatalk
« Reply #12 on: 16:59 17-Aug-2008 »
We should be thankfull it has not been outsourced to India like everything else but then it would also be impossible to get a visa to go there........................... to get a visa application submitted and laterly an interview.  That would be madness...................therefore likely very soon under Gordon Clown  ::) ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: 17:10 17-Aug-2008 by P-N »

Offline BritKyiv

• Still own property in Ukraine
  • Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 58
  • -Receive: 415
« Reply #13 on: 19:50 17-Aug-2008 »

We also got married at the registery without photos but we had a big party afterwards with many photos.
We had many guests including the British Defence attache and his wife, so we gave UK Visas a photo of all four of us at OUR wedding. (Well they work for the British Embassy) My wife was tempted to say.."What more ******* evidence do you want?, but she remained diplomatic (so she tells me!)

Its great being a Brit  ;D

Back to Ukraine tomorrow and will provide feedback report on trip to the UK
I escaped. Now in Sunny Cyprus

rjm

« Reply #14 on: 22:42 17-Aug-2008 »
Yes you are correct but its the sheer weight of numbers that is frightening!! also 100s of fake educational establishments were formed in the UK (mainly by Nigerians) solely with the purpose of selling invites to fake English courses to Africans at a high cost, literally 10s of thousands got into the UK this way by applying for education Visas!

Having said all this your country has even bigger problems with such people, I was in Bologna 5 years ago and in 2 days was the atempted victim of pickpockets and robbers by Africans roaming about the station area.

RJM, the question of African and Asians is another issue. I think most of them enter the UK (and the rest of EU) presenting other reasons such as claiming refugee status or asking to join relatives who already reside there. Also some Asians may apply for working visa, either as qualified workers (true for some EU countries) or menial workers.

Here for partners of CIS/Russian spouses/fiancees, usually Italian invite them to Italy as if their partners where cleaning ladies/санитаркы/etc... They find it much easier than going the legal way.