Author Topic: Boryspil Airport to transfer domestic flights to Terminal B in September  (Read 1023 times)

Offline SteveH

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 983
  • -Receive: 251
http://www.kyivpost.com/news/city/detail/109080/

State Enterprise Boryspil International Airport intends to transfer domestic flights from Terminal A to terminal B starting from September 1, 2011.

"At present, due to the opening of new flights and destinations through the main airport of the country, the share of transit passengers in total passenger traffic has increased," the Infrastructure Ministry said in a press release.

Carlusha

Oooooops!

While on the subject of Borispyl, do any of you know how simple (or not) it is for transit passengers to go from terminal "F" to terminal "A"?

Offline llewop

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 7
Oooooops!

While on the subject of Borispyl, do any of you know how simple (or not) it is for transit passengers to go from terminal "F" to terminal "A"?

The airport website claims a shuttle bus that bounces between F, B(A) and the hotel and I think I have seen one outside the terminal at times, but never used it.  Only once (not long after F opened and there was a lack of clarity on which terminal a particular flight was from) had to go from F to B...walked, 5 minutes or so.  If by transit you're meaning airside? I'm not sure, I don't remember seeing any airside transfer bus, but I'd also guess they'd want you to go through immigration/customs in F, so kick you out the front of the terminal to go to the domestic flights anyway?

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1030
  • -Receive: 1340
  • Statue of the Motherland
You might not be doing that Carl, but I always just walked, myself, too.  It is line of sight, about one half a kilometer of paved, level ground.   

Offline Glyn Thomas.

• All this work and I get called:
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 717
  • -Receive: 2029
    • Kiev Life
....except for the parts where the dropped kerbs aren't... lol
I am the shadow of the waxwing slain.. by the false azure of the windowpane...

Offline Spider

• Subscriber
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Good news, I suppose. At least I do not have to change terminals :)

Offline plazkarta

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 44
Walk as its not far, to be honest I was more surprised to learn there is a shuttle bus for such a short distance!