Author Topic: Beware of UK Visas Ofice in Kyiv  (Read 17632 times)

Carlusha

Re: Beware of UK Visas Ofice in Kyiv
« Reply #105 on: 12:53 10-Sep-2008 »

I have just heard that invitations are going round for a Garden Party tonight at the British Ambassador’s Residence to introduce the new Ambassador Leigh Turner and Deputy Head of Mission Judith Gardiner on Wednesday, 10 September 1800-2000.

I did'nt get an ivite!!! ???

Shhuurrlllyy...some mistake  :'(

Maybe the new Ambassador is a big fan of Google Chrome! Sorry, G, couldn't resist it!  ::)

Offline P-N

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 634
  • -Receive: 2266
  • Cogito Ergo Sum
    • Odessatalk
« Reply #106 on: 13:35 10-Sep-2008 »
As they are new here - no doubt both your and my invites are stuck in the Ukrainian postal system (as they didn't know any better) and will arrive sometime 2011  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"When surrounded by the dark void of the willfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Me

Offline BritKyiv

• Still own property in Ukraine
  • Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 58
  • -Receive: 415
« Reply #107 on: 15:54 10-Sep-2008 »
Maybe this will be more interesting:

For chiefs of the EBA member companies and diplomats only:

Herewith we would like to remind you that you may still register at events@eba.com.ua for the   EBA General Membership Meeting featuring Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine buttock niy Yatsenyuk,  which will take place on 11 September, at 19:00, at Hyatt Regency Hotel,  Ball Room,  5-a Alla Tarasova St. 

The reception offering  the attendees a lively foyer-talk with a glass of Champaign will start at 18:30.

The EBA truly believes that this top-level meeting will give you an exclusive opportunity to  hear  a high-rank politician voice his opinion and share his professional views and vast experience on a range of the issues of vital importance.

Main Sponsor - Raiffeisen Bank Aval, Ojsc

P.S. -   Please note that the Secretariat of Chairman of the Verhovna Rada has confirmed Mr Yatsenyuk's attendance.

Look forward to seeing you soon!

Yours sincerely,
EBA team
I escaped. Now in Sunny Cyprus

rjm

« Reply #108 on: 19:54 10-Sep-2008 »
With regards to the the garden party you are missing out on nothing, I have been invited before to such events and have never bothered going, I had the misfortune in my youth to have been educated with many fledgling British diplomats and Ive spent most of the rest of my life trying to avoid such people, their knowledge of real life is usually practically zero and 10 minutes in their company is enough to send me heading towards the exit gates. Any experience Ive had by phone or in person with our embassy has been always very negative and this was no different when I lived in Moscow.

However an opportunity to fire some burning issues at the new ambassador would be the only useful purpose the night could offer, however expecting sensible answers is quite another thing!

However the Hyatt gathering would undoubtedly be a more interesting evening!

Offline Glyn Thomas.

• All this work and I get called:
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 717
  • -Receive: 2029
    • Kiev Life
« Reply #109 on: 14:42 14-Jul-2011 »
Well... no further posts for almost 3 years....!

So....Is the UK visa office getting it right?

I will let you know in the course of the next few days from my own point of view as my beloved I and II have applied so we can get back to UK to show Beloved II off to my parents.

Appointment tomorrow.

I am the shadow of the waxwing slain.. by the false azure of the windowpane...

Offline Travel Writer

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 178
  • -Receive: 94
    • STORIES, ARTICLES AND PHOTOGRAPHS FROM UKRAINE
« Reply #110 on: 14:47 14-Jul-2011 »
Best of luck, Ace.

They were very pleasant and efficient last autumn.

Carlusha

« Reply #111 on: 15:42 14-Jul-2011 »
Well... no further posts for almost 3 years....!

So....Is the UK visa office getting it right?

I will let you know in the course of the next few days from my own point of view as my beloved I and II have applied so we can get back to UK to show Beloved II off to my parents.

Appointment tomorrow.

Best of luck - hope all goes well for you all!

Offline Glyn Thomas.

• All this work and I get called:
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 717
  • -Receive: 2029
    • Kiev Life
« Reply #112 on: 09:36 26-Jul-2011 »
I still don't know who was more worried - my girlfriend or the Visa section - but... the applications were approved!!

:-)

I am the shadow of the waxwing slain.. by the false azure of the windowpane...

Carlusha

« Reply #113 on: 13:26 26-Jul-2011 »
I still don't know who was more worried - my girlfriend or the Visa section - but... the applications were approved!!

:-)

Yippee!

Offline BritKyiv

• Still own property in Ukraine
  • Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 58
  • -Receive: 415
« Reply #114 on: 20:07 26-Jul-2011 »
Ace, we talked about this already and all are happy now.

However on a serious note. Why should we have to endure all this CRAP about getting a visa for a wife/daughter to visit the UK.

Remember, I mentioned about EU law. There is a crazy EU law that allows an EU citizen to live and work (or not work) in ANY EU country apart from his/her OWN country of origin/citizenship.

If any EU citizen would like a copy of the document, I can show you where to find it on our web site.

Basically, the law states that if an EU citizen wishes to take his/her spouse to another EU country THEY have the automatic right to do so. Even if the spouse is a Non-EU citizen. When a spouse visits an Embassy/Visa Office to obtain a Schengen Visa, they are only required to produce a passport and marriage certificate and a copy of the partners EU passport. THATS IT. No other documents are required. Problem is as you may have guessed is that many of the EU Embassies ignore this important EU law and many do not even know about it. Brussels now have a special hot-line for EU citizens to call if their spouse is having problems with any Embassy from the EU.

But it ONLY applies if you are going to another EU country...not your own country. You thought only Ukraine had crazy laws?
I escaped. Now in Sunny Cyprus