Author Topic: Beware of UK Visas Ofice in Kyiv  (Read 17764 times)

Offline P-N

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 634
  • -Receive: 2266
  • Cogito Ergo Sum
    • Odessatalk
Re: Beware of UK Visas Ofice in Kyiv
« Reply #15 on: 09:43 18-Aug-2008 »
I have spoken to the UK Consol in Kyiv and explained that once I nominate the date (and it is confirmed by them as acceptable), when we come from Odessa, the documents are submitted and Anechka will recieve her visa that day (after interview that day).......no need to re-attend later for an interview as we are coming from Odessa.

If we were from Kyiv the process would be a "staggered" process over a period of days/week.  ??? :o

I was assured there would be no problem in getting the visa despite the fact I stated I would NOT be bringing wedding photographs to support the certifcates, stamps in passports etc.  Just the documents required as laid down by the Visa Applications.  ;)

Apparantly they are not allowed to give out their names (good to see customer service even in the Consol is below standard), so therefore there is no way to confirm what has been said when someone else there will no doubt say different to what I was told.  ::)

I therefore called back and got someone different and said I had been talking to a "chap" who had been most helpfull but forgot to ask a question.  I was then told I would be put back through to "Bogdan"......that will narrow it down somewhat - Bogdan is an old Russian name which is not that popular so not much chance of there being too many in the Consol.

So much for not giving out names  ;) :D :D :D :D :D

"When surrounded by the dark void of the willfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Me

Moving

« Reply #16 on: 13:42 18-Aug-2008 »
Yes you are correct but its the sheer weight of numbers that is frightening!! also 100s of fake educational establishments were formed in the UK (mainly by Nigerians) solely with the purpose of selling invites to fake English courses to Africans at a high cost, literally 10s of thousands got into the UK this way by applying for education Visas!

Having said all this your country has even bigger problems with such people, I was in Bologna 5 years ago and in 2 days was the atempted victim of pickpockets and robbers by Africans roaming about the station area.

BritKyiv, what kind of photo evidences did you have to provide? just curious...

RJM, the question of African and Asians is another issue. I think most of them enter the UK (and the rest of EU) presenting other reasons such as claiming refugee status or asking to join relatives who already reside there. Also some Asians may apply for working visa, either as qualified workers (true for some EU countries) or menial workers.

Here for partners of CIS/Russian spouses/fiancees, usually Italian invite them to Italy as if their partners where cleaning ladies/санитаркы/etc... They find it much easier than going the legal way.

No, my countru has much less troubles with immigration than the UK. This is logic.

Pickpockets exists here but this is not an immigration problem since all you have to do it is to hold tightly your belongings.

Hopefully you do not think they are just this made-on-spot nigerian schools to invite "students".
Lots of establishments all over the UK (London on top) are actually very happy to invite "students" from abroad. They do not even worry if these "students" will actually receive a visa, what they worry about it is to take the money asap.
A big part of any educational business in the UK is fed by profits coming from applying thirld world students wishing in this way to get a visa.
The same applies to Malta, the Chinese apply all over the schools there.

rjm

« Reply #17 on: 18:58 18-Aug-2008 »
My god what world do you live in?????????

How is it logic????? Statistics and your governments present stance suggest Im correct.

With regards to your final paragraph, are you agreeing or disagreeing because you start off in normal dissmissive fashion then go on to almost repeat what I said  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

I dont really want a debate on this as I just get the impression you like taking the contrary view just for the sake if it!!!!!!!!!

Yes you are correct but its the sheer weight of numbers that is frightening!! also 100s of fake educational establishments were formed in the UK (mainly by Nigerians) solely with the purpose of selling invites to fake English courses to Africans at a high cost, literally 10s of thousands got into the UK this way by applying for education Visas!

Having said all this your country has even bigger problems with such people, I was in Bologna 5 years ago and in 2 days was the atempted victim of pickpockets and robbers by Africans roaming about the station area.

BritKyiv, what kind of photo evidences did you have to provide? just curious...

RJM, the question of African and Asians is another issue. I think most of them enter the UK (and the rest of EU) presenting other reasons such as claiming refugee status or asking to join relatives who already reside there. Also some Asians may apply for working visa, either as qualified workers (true for some EU countries) or menial workers.

Here for partners of CIS/Russian spouses/fiancees, usually Italian invite them to Italy as if their partners where cleaning ladies/санитаркы/etc... They find it much easier than going the legal way.

No, my countru has much less troubles with immigration than the UK. This is logic.

Pickpockets exists here but this is not an immigration problem since all you have to do it is to hold tightly your belongings.

Hopefully you do not think they are just this made-on-spot nigerian schools to invite "students".
Lots of establishments all over the UK (London on top) are actually very happy to invite "students" from abroad. They do not even worry if these "students" will actually receive a visa, what they worry about it is to take the money asap.
A big part of any educational business in the UK is fed by profits coming from applying thirld world students wishing in this way to get a visa.
The same applies to Malta, the Chinese apply all over the schools there.

Moving

« Reply #18 on: 01:15 19-Aug-2008 »
RJM my point is that lots of UK citizens regularly take advantage of visa policies and are more than happy to invite thirld worlders to study in your (their) own country.

As concern Italy, it is pretty naive to think that pickpockets are an immigration problem.

Immigrations problems sussists when the immigrant is allowed to land qualified jobs, as long as he/she pickpocket or clean streets, this is not an issue at all.

Offline free spirit

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #19 on: 02:12 19-Aug-2008 »
RJM my point is that lots of UK citizens regularly take advantage of visa policies and are more than happy to invite thirld worlders to study in your (their) own country.

As concern Italy, it is pretty naive to think that pickpockets are an immigration problem.

Immigrations problems sussists when the immigrant is allowed to land qualified jobs, as long as he/she pickpocket or clean streets, this is not an issue at all.

Well, having had the occasion to accompany a Japanese friend with a visa problem to the visa place at Lunar House in Croydon (a nightmare), I can confirm that in many cases it is third worlders who are making the decisions on who gets to come into the UK - the staff at such a place seemed almost entirely from the Third World (albeit probably with UK passports). And anyone going to Heathrow cannot have failed to notice that UK border control has been contracted out to India and Pakistan. In some cases I have wanted to ask the pair of eyes staring at me from the Muslim veil for HER passport, never mind her decide whether I (of English and Irish) descent get to get into my country. So this visa thing in the UK is a load of nonsense from start to finish. How long does it take to get a UK passport? Two years? Well, I have been in China for longer, without any hint from the Chinese that China is now my country and I should start lording it over the Chinese! I don't suppose you get this nonsense in the Ukraine!

JonathanCampion

Re: Beware of UK Visas Office in Kyiv
« Reply #20 on: 08:26 19-Aug-2008 »
So: India and Pakistan = third world, hijjab = foreign, the wearers of which are probably illegal immigrants, and white = British? I'm sorry to take exception to another one of your posts but surely I'm not the only one who finds that paragraph hugely ignorant?

Firstly I agree with you totally that the process of getting a UK passport is a farce. Remember the story about the soldier from the Caribbean who was refused one because, although he had served in the British army for 5 years, he had spent some of that time outside Britain?

But I can't read your post without getting the impression that you think these "third worlders" - God, where did that expression come from? - are worse than you, or spoiling our middle class Britishness. Since when did ethnic minorities start to "lord over" Britain? I haven't lived there for a year or so, tell me, do they now run politics and the media? Can white people now not get a word in edgeways in the House of Commons and there are now black people on the BBC besides corner shop owners and rappers?

As far as Heathrow is concerned, why not show off Britain's multicultural side to everyone who enters our country, and at the same time give the menial jobs to those who apply for them?

It is not your country any more than it is hers.

Offline free spirit

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #21 on: 09:02 19-Aug-2008 »
Jonathan, I may have wrongly assumed this is what another poster was hinting at. I may also wrongly have assumed that one can speak more openly on such topics in Ukraine. I am a dissident, just like Solzhenitsyn. So this is a samizdat post.

I wouldn't say white=British, as there are white people who aren't, but British=white. Having a UK passport doesn't turn you into a member of the British nation. Nationality is a technical issue of holding a passport. National identity involves, culture, language, history, religion, ancestry... in a word, identity.

People from the Caribbean should not be serving in the British army. How many Africans are there in the Ukrainian army by the way? I did not suggest people from the Third World - expression used by another poster - are worse. But they have their own countries and cultures, and good luck to them in developing those.

Since when did ethnic minorities start to "lord over" Britain?

Well for a Pakistani to decide who enters Britain is offensive.

I haven't lived there for a year or so, tell me, do they now run politics and the media? Can white people now not get a word in edgeways in the House of Commons and there are now black people on the BBC besides corner shop owners and rappers?

There are politicians with no British ancestry in the UK. Keith Vaz from India was Europe Minister, and now there is another black man in some ministry. And the numbers of these are going to go up - English people will be a minority in their own country later this century. Trevor Phillips lords it over English people in the Commission for RAcial Equality (aka Commission for Ethnic Supremacy over English People). And have you actually watched the BBC? Most of the newscasters are ethnic, and the soaps appear to show England as at least 50% ethnic.

As far as Heathrow is concerned, why not show off Britain's multicultural side to everyone who enters our country, and at the same time give the menial jobs to those who apply for them

Well they are showing it off. Whether it is anything to be proud of is another thing.

No, it is not. They are guests in our country. As Enoch Powell said, we must be mad to be piling up our funeral pyre!

My article on British national identity published in the Salisbury Review in England can be read at http://djronnqvist.com/?p=9. I sincerely hope Ukrainians see through multiculturalism as just another form of Marxism.
« Last Edit: 09:06 19-Aug-2008 by free spirit »

JonathanCampion

« Reply #22 on: 09:23 19-Aug-2008 »
Obviously we have different ideas as to what it means to be British, but this isn't the place to discuss it. I will read your article in my lunch break and see what I make of it.

Moving

« Reply #23 on: 09:29 19-Aug-2008 »
So: India and Pakistan = third world, hijjab = foreign, the wearers of which are probably illegal immigrants, and white = British? I'm sorry to take exception to another one of your posts but surely I'm not the only one who finds that paragraph hugely ignorant?

Firstly I agree with you totally that the process of getting a UK passport is a farce. Remember the story about the soldier from the Caribbean who was refused one because, although he had served in the British army for 5 years, he had spent some of that time outside Britain?

But I can't read your post without getting the impression that you think these "third worlders" - God, where did that expression come from? - are worse than you, or spoiling our middle class Britishness. Since when did ethnic minorities start to "lord over" Britain? I haven't lived there for a year or so, tell me, do they now run politics and the media? Can white people now not get a word in edgeways in the House of Commons and there are now black people on the BBC besides corner shop owners and rappers?

As far as Heathrow is concerned, why not show off Britain's multicultural side to everyone who enters our country, and at the same time give the menial jobs to those who apply for them?

My dear both the terms Thirld and Fourth Worlders are terms used even  by world famous economists. 
Of course in the UK, those terms are regarded as offensive.

JonathanCampion

« Reply #24 on: 09:33 19-Aug-2008 »

ecocks

« Reply #25 on: 10:17 19-Aug-2008 »
Wow. 

Thanks to all of the last few posters, each in their own way, for reminding me why I love my country so much.  Thank you clicks coming around in a minute.

Moving

« Reply #26 on: 10:49 19-Aug-2008 »
Wow. 

Thanks to all of the last few posters, each in their own way, for reminding me why I love my country so much.  Thank you clicks coming around in a minute.

your country on the passport or the country you live in?

ecocks

« Reply #27 on: 10:55 19-Aug-2008 »
My country as in country of birth, citizenship and natonality.  I love Ukraine in its own way but my country is still the United States of America.

JonathanCampion

« Reply #28 on: 11:11 19-Aug-2008 »
In the countries where all of us first worlders originate from, there are many people who own a passport from that country by virtue of residence or marriage but identify with another. Some integrate, some don't - I have Chinese friends who have read more Dickens than I ever will, and I know more about Ukrainian history than most of my friends here.

I am very sure that the girl in the hijjab who looked at your passport was born in Britain, went to school there, passed British exams etc. Assuming her parents are from, say, Pakistan, what parts of their culture they passed on to her while she was growing up shouldn't have any bearing on how welcome she feels in Britain, all the more so if her job is to welcome visitors to her country and to check that they have a right to be there.

To use a long-winded cricket simile in relation to Free Spirit's personal feelings on the immigration issue, it's like the Lord's honours board - the pitch has become easier to play on in recent years (read: more possibilities to immigrate), so previous scorers of hundreds feel that their achievements (read: culture and white British history) is being diluted by unknowns (read: immigrants from the Asian subcontinent, or less adept batsmen.)

A country is made up of millions of individual stories - when my blog is done and dusted, my next project will be uncovering a few of Ukraine's.

Offline SteveH

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 983
  • -Receive: 251
« Reply #29 on: 12:22 19-Aug-2008 »
Over a Hundred Thousand Taxpaying Brits are Leaving Great Britain Every Year,
Tens of Thousands of Social Security Scroungers are Entering Great Britain Every Year.
Will the British Government still be Paying Pensions into Your Bank Accounts in 20,30,40 Years, Any Money left in the Kitty?.
----------------------------------------------------------

This was the Figures in 2006  ???  ???  ???

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23373110-details/Exodus:%20A%20million%20Brits%20emigrate%20while%20three%20million%20enter/article.do

Exodus: A million Brits emigrate while three million enter
Last updated at 12:22pm on 03.11.06

Fly away home: The number of British citizens who emigrate each year has gone up by more than a third since the mid-1990s
More than a million Britons have fled the country to lead new lives abroad since the turn of the Millennium, new figures showed.

The number of British citizens who emigrate each year has gone up by more than a third since the mid-1990s.

And while more and more people are quitting to live in France, Spain, Australia or America, fewer Britons are coming back from abroad to live at home than at any time in a decade.

The picture of an increasing flow of emigrants came in an official count of migration that showed foreigners continue to flood into this country in unprecedented numbers.

The Office for National Statistics said that 565,000 people came into the country last year - around 1,500 every day. It found that 474,000 of these were foreigners intending to live in Britain.

That means that the population grew by around 500 people a day because of the greater number of immigrants than emigrants.