Author Topic: Happy Days in America - VP Sarah Palin our Yulia Tymoschenko!  (Read 4243 times)

Phasar

Discussing politics has already made one member leave this board already so I know the election is a touchy topic and both sides claim to have the "propaganda" facts. But you keep bringing it on so in my mind Democrats are just brainwahsed and unpatriotic. Many are just living in their isolated own bubble world and crying out for legalizing pot, no wars at any cost and same sex marriages. Canada is however looking for immigrants..... In Ukraine the attitudes are quite conservative and why Republicans have no problems sharing the same values. Happy days in America. Palin for VP!   

FYI

The immigrants Canada is looking for are visible minorities (black, asian, Indian). It's almost impossible for a WASP from Europe or Eastern Europe to get in, while the Canadian government will almost buy your ticket if your a visible minority.

The last 2 governor generals weren't even born in Canada, nobody Canadian wants the job.

Even Statistics Canada says that white will be the minority by 2012, when at that time visible minorities will account for 63% of the population.

So don't drag Canada into your little squabble and try to hold it up as a shining example, cause it dont' "shine" anymore :(

And you're posting in the wrong thread again

Offline Claus

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2616
  • -Receive: 801
What's the purpose of a 'thread' like this?  :P
j'y suis, j'y reste!

Offline Green Borsch

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 12
As a non American, please enlighten me?

Is this Palin broad some practical joke the Republicans are playing on the American public or is she for real?

She seems about as much a competent politician as I am an expert on Hungarian Idioms  ;)

Offline SilverBullet

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 102
As a non American, please enlighten me?

Is this Palin broad some practical joke the Republicans are playing on the American public or is she for real?

She seems about as much a competent politician as I am an expert on Hungarian Idioms  ;)
Not a fair comment... she is the Governor of Alaska so she comes with political experience.  ;D Next week about 50% of US voters will be happy and about 50% will be sad and many might be looking into moving to liberal Canada instead.  ::) As for Canadian immigration politics, they do take white immigrants too. There are large numbers of both Ukrainians and Russians in Canada already.   
« Last Edit: 03:57 02-Nov-2008 by SilverBullet »
В чужо́й монасты́рь со свои́м уста́вом не хо́дят.
When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Век живи́ — век учи́сь.
Live and learn.

Phasar

There always has been.

When I was growing up in Winnipeg 50% of the population was made up of people with Ukrainian decent.

And I did not say that they have "closed" immigration for European immigrants, I said they have made it exceedingly tough.

And it's a lot tougher then for a visible minority

Hell.... if you're Chinese you can literally "Buy" your immigration

Carlusha

I wanted to say that bbut thought the better of it in case SB thought I was picking on him and decided to forego the drink in Odessa.

From good old wiki -

A Ukrainian Canadian is a person of Ukrainian descent or origin who was born in or immigrated to Canada. In 2006 there were an estimated 1,209,085 persons residing in Canada (mainly Canadian citizens) of Ukrainian origin, making them Canada's ninth largest ethnic group, and giving Canada the world's third-largest Ukrainian population behind Ukraine itself and Russia. Self-identified Ukrainians are the plurality in several rural areas of Western Canada.

Offline Billy T

• N00b
  • Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 72
    • Whirling Dervish
SB's right they are totally the same....They can both see Russia from their house
"The story of the gay sheep showed what can result when science meets global news"--The International Herald Tribune, January 26th, 2007.

Offline SilverBullet

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 102
There always has been.

When I was growing up in Winnipeg 50% of the population was made up of people with Ukrainian decent.

And I did not say that they have "closed" immigration for European immigrants, I said they have made it exceedingly tough.

And it's a lot tougher then for a visible minority

Hell.... if you're Chinese you can literally "Buy" your immigration
Anyone can buy their way in to Canada with a so called investor visa, start a small business and employ a few Canadians. I think the requirement is CAD 500,000 and you get a few years time to prove you brought the money with you. In the US it takes USD 1 million to get the same visa unless it has changed recently. A lot of Indians, Chinese and Pakistanis with temporary work visas in the US are being pursued by Canadian officials to move to Canada instead and be placed on a fast track to permanet residency that would take the same people 5-10 years to get a green card in the US. This started happening in 2008 with Canadian "trade delegations" looking for immigrants in the US. Not sure what is happening in Canada these days but the fact is that the country is spbuttock ly populated and need workers.   
В чужо́й монасты́рь со свои́м уста́вом не хо́дят.
When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Век живи́ — век учи́сь.
Live and learn.