Author Topic: Bush's most profound statements, words of a real world leader  (Read 2580 times)

Offline 3000ftup

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 47
  • -Receive: 28
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090103/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bushisms;_ylt=AuQNpOCgULKoHS06IfoCqHys0NUE

Yes, these are actual statements from "The Commander and Chief" of USA  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Read em and weep!

Offline 3000ftup

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 47
  • -Receive: 28
I guess, showing reality of Bush's stellar leadership, made ECOCKS go away... Sorry, just the facts!!!

Offline Billy T

• N00b
  • Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 72
    • Whirling Dervish
Well that is one thing about the new pres, he's gonna be all cerebral and big word appropriate and a whole lot less funny.....

"The story of the gay sheep showed what can result when science meets global news"--The International Herald Tribune, January 26th, 2007.

Carlusha

If you feel upset that the Democrats won, take this little test of your loyalties -

Republican Loyalty Quiz

Offline Billy T

• N00b
  • Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
    • Whirling Dervish
Your score is 1 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a passionate and unyielding Democrat. You are appalled by the way Republicans are transforming America into a theocratic, corpo-fascist police state, and you'd walk across red America on a bed of red hot coals to elect a Democratic president. In your view, there is no higher form of patriotism than defending America against the Republican Party and every intolerant, puritanical, imperialistic greed-mongering, Constitution-shredding ideal for which it stands.

Ok, that's my result and the past 8 years have damn near turned me into a "democrat" for sure, but that quiz had some questions where the answers offered were not applicable in my mind....

I keep taking quizes like this and keep getting told I'm a wack job lefty...Boy that sure doesn't jibe with my self-perception...I think the government should stay out of peoples business when ever possible!  I find most environmentalists completely unreasonable! I think Americans should be allowed to keep and bear arms, not a full force gun nut-but I like 'em!....and that's gotta pull me towards the right, doesn't it? at least get me closer to center.....Then again, I think a lot of what Dem's are now (and under Bill Clinton) are pretty damn close to what repubs used to be, before they became the "lets bomb and torture everyone for jesus" party they are now....

Current Republican talking points-
Smaller Government- Uh, no follow through on this, the government is larger than it's ever been, and staffed by people known for loyalty not competence...The head of FEMA during Katrina had a background as failed horse breeder? WTF?

Government out of peoples private business- please explain the drug war, paranoid anti-gay policies and doing your damndest to force your narrow view of protestantism down the throats of school children...Oh and leave off with the "liberal elite" talking point-educated people are good for the country....

Less Regulation of Business-Yes because we can trust them not to dump waste in the rivers even if it saves them money.....And Enron was awesome!!! We won't even mention what great bastions of self restraint and responsibility we've seen from the Corporations over the past few months....

An old friend of mine from Connecticut moved out to Utah back in the 90's and he said to me "In Conn, I voted straight Republican ticket-In Utah I vote staright Dem, because a Conn. Repub and a Utah Dem are the same thing, where as a Utah Rep. and the American Nazi party are the same thing...so it's regional as well

but what would I know, I'm a freakin moonbat
"The story of the gay sheep showed what can result when science meets global news"--The International Herald Tribune, January 26th, 2007.

Carlusha

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline MWDabbs

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 217
  • -Receive: 285
    • Opera Mobile Store Blog
Your score is 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a devoted Republican. You are quick to rally behind the party, even if you have not agreed with every decision Republican leaders have made. The few differences you have are nothing compared to your complete and utter disdain for the Democratic Party and the elitism, cowardice, and godlessness for which it stands.
---------------------

Complete and utter disdain?  Why that is a complete and utter misunderestimation!  Guess I need to study some more and keep taking this test until I get at least a 10!  As he left office, there were only 2-3 things with a lower approval rating:  a) the Democratically controlled Congress, b) President Yuschenko, and possibly c) Gordon Brown. 
We cannot afford governments that cannot afford to take care of our veterans.

Offline Billy T

• N00b
  • Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
    • Whirling Dervish
Book: Bush Needed Condi To Explain 'Articulate' Flap During Dem Primary
By Justin Elliott - June 2, 2009, 8:38PM
Did George W. Bush really summon his African-American secretary of state for a lesson on junior-high-level racial politics?

So reports Newsweek's Richard Wolffe in his new book on Obama, Renegade: The Making Of A President.

Bush found himself perplexed by the flap over Joe Biden describing Obama as "articulate and bright and clean" in January 2007. So, naturally, the president turned to the top U.S. diplomat, the trusted Condi Rice, to explain what the heck this was all about.

Here's the tidbit from the first chapter of Wolffe's book:

Bush was so taken aback with the public criticism of Biden that he called in his African American secretary of state Condoleezza Rice. "I don't get it," he said. "Condi, what's going on?" Rice told him what everyone else had said: that white people don't call each other articulate.

One has to ask: can we really blame Bush for not knowing the conventions attached to that particular adjective?

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/06/report-bush-needed-condi-to-explain-articulate-flap-during-dem-primary.php

Offline clanholmes

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 768
  • -Receive: 1067
Again, look at Hilliary's reset button and Obama inventing a new language called Austrian and his comments about the special olympics.
If you are loved, then no carp will stick to you, but if you are not, then you will attract everything.

Was a 5 on the test
« Last Edit: 21:08 04-Jun-2009 by clanholmes »
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Socrates

Read, but not write

Offline MWDabbs

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 217
  • -Receive: 285
    • Opera Mobile Store Blog
We could help the budget by removing the office of president completely and let everyone read the teleprompter directly.   What possibly could be more fair and balanced? 

We cannot afford governments that cannot afford to take care of our veterans.