Author Topic: " The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement"-Eliyahu M. Goldratt  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Vera

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 825
  • -Receive: 595
Introducing " The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement"-Eliyahu M. Goldratt .To keep our book club going and simply because it is a brilliant book I recommend this book (just finished rereading it for the 3rd time ::) :o)

The reason I decided to post info about this particular book is because I think there might be people here on the board who teach Business or Business English or both in Ukraine and thought that ,perhaps ,at some point they would consider incorporating it in their curriculum. This is one of the best business books I have ever read and I guess I am not alone (if it means anything at all ,on Amazon this book has received 334 4.5-5 star reviews).

http://www.amazon.com/Goal-Process-Ongoing-Improvement/dp/0884271781/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244549339&sr=8-1

From Publishers Weekly :In this intriguing, readable business novel, which illustrates state-of-the-art economic theory, Alex Rogo is a UniCo plant manager whose factory and marriage are failing. To revitalize the plant, he follows piecemeal advice from an elusive former college professor who teaches, for example, that reduction in the efficiency of some plant operations may make the entire operation more productive. Alex's attempts to find the path to profitability and to engage his employees n the struggle involve the reader; and thankfully the authors' economic models, including a game with match sticks and bowls, are easy to understand. Although some characters are as anonymous as the goods manufactured in the factory, others ring true. In addition, the tender story of Alex and his wife's separation and reconciliation makes a touching contrast to the rest of the book. Recommended for anyone with an interest in the state of the American economy

"You never really know a guy until you've stared at him for 8 hours through high powered binoculars." -Spongebob Squarepants

Offline Madrigal

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 15
  • Ninja Vanish!
Introducing " The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement"-Eliyahu M. Goldratt .To keep our book club going and simply because it is a brilliant book I recommend this book (just finished rereading it for the 3rd time ::) :o)

The reason I decided to post info about this particular book is because I think there might be people here on the board who teach Business or Business English or both in Ukraine and thought that ,perhaps ,at some point they would consider incorporating it in their curriculum. This is one of the best business books I have ever read and I guess I am not alone (if it means anything at all ,on Amazon this book has received 334 4.5-5 star reviews).

http://www.amazon.com/Goal-Process-Ongoing-Improvement/dp/0884271781/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244549339&sr=8-1

From Publishers Weekly :In this intriguing, readable business novel, which illustrates state-of-the-art economic theory, Alex Rogo is a UniCo plant manager whose factory and marriage are failing. To revitalize the plant, he follows piecemeal advice from an elusive former college professor who teaches, for example, that reduction in the efficiency of some plant operations may make the entire operation more productive. Alex's attempts to find the path to profitability and to engage his employees n the struggle involve the reader; and thankfully the authors' economic models, including a game with match sticks and bowls, are easy to understand. Although some characters are as anonymous as the goods manufactured in the factory, others ring true. In addition, the tender story of Alex and his wife's separation and reconciliation makes a touching contrast to the rest of the book. Recommended for anyone with an interest in the state of the American economy

Looks very interesting Vera, and used at Amazon from 6.97 US, very tempting!
Идеальная жена - как таракан.  Её видишь или ночью, или на кухне.