Author Topic: The 'Messiah' meets the Russians  (Read 2359 times)

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2474
  • -Receive: 1869
The 'Messiah' meets the Russians
« on: 00:29 20-Jul-2009 »
Suddenly I like the powers that be in Russia!

http://viralvideochart.unrulymedia.com/youtube/obamahandshakesnubbed?id=x1C_NWMRs8Q

Funny that they've never acted like that with any former president that they respected..

In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Online David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1001
  • -Receive: 1317
  • Statue of the Motherland
Re: The 'Messiah' meets the Russians
« Reply #1 on: 02:01 20-Jul-2009 »
Acting as if Dmitry KBM's brown tonguer  is top dog, is hardly a wimpy posture, whatever the reason. 
But, after that it would be career suicide for any Russian diplomat to appear to embrace Obama.  I doubt if it is anything personal.  In fact, given some of the dignitaries the Russians roll out the red carpet for, it is clear they are not particularly fastidious.
It is an interesting experiment.  Obama at least appeared to snub Berlusconi's handshake at G-8 and Bush's grip was not much sought after, during his last months in office.
Obama has lucked out, remaining as popular as he has, for a time, after his first hundred days, defying history.  Perhaps this only means that his hundred days are over, internationally.

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2474
  • -Receive: 1869
« Reply #2 on: 02:40 20-Jul-2009 »
Personally I think it's ironic that the Russians refused to shake hands with a marxist.  :D
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Online David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1001
  • -Receive: 1317
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #3 on: 02:57 20-Jul-2009 »
Personally I think it's ironic that the Russians refused to shake hands with a marxist.  :D

Hmm, perhaps this might seem ironic, but I think Leon Trotsky would have agreed with you...

Offline clanholmes

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 768
  • -Receive: 1067
« Reply #4 on: 07:35 20-Jul-2009 »
maybe he did not wash his hand after peeing
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Socrates

Read, but not write

Offline SmartJAzzInOdessa

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 210
    • My Music!
« Reply #5 on: 09:41 20-Jul-2009 »
Come on now, guys. Look at the last "handshake." This is obviously Obama introducing the KBM's brown tonguer  to the people by extending his hand out.
Если человек просит у тебя рыбу, дай ему удочку.

Offline Vera

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 825
  • -Receive: 595
« Reply #6 on: 13:31 20-Jul-2009 »
They say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"..... Now it seems like the truth is in the eye of the beholder as well... Meaning everyone sees what he prefers/wants to see..... I know Ray is right.......
« Last Edit: 13:38 20-Jul-2009 by Vera »
"You never really know a guy until you've stared at him for 8 hours through high powered binoculars." -Spongebob Squarepants

Carlusha

« Reply #7 on: 13:39 20-Jul-2009 »

I know Ray is right.......

Me too!

Offline MWDabbs

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 217
  • -Receive: 285
    • Opera Mobile Store Blog
« Reply #8 on: 03:29 24-Jul-2009 »
Ray's right - Obama was introducing KBM's brown tonguer  to Obama's counterparts of the USSA.

Obama (and members of his administration) are going about the formation of a police state entirely wrong.

Rule #1.  Don't treat your military like potential terrorists.  Try to avoid messing with wounded veteran's medical benefits, too.

Rule #2.  Try to not insult your police.

All Obama really has left is the FBI, DEA, ATF, SS, CIA, NSA, DHS, TSA, ACORN, Goldman Sachs, the Federal Reserve, and a scattering of mostly very liberal people. 

We cannot afford governments that cannot afford to take care of our veterans.

Offline Billy T

• N00b
  • Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 72
    • Whirling Dervish
« Reply #9 on: 13:33 24-Jul-2009 »

Obama (and members of his administration) are going about the formation of a police state entirely wrong.

Or perhaps not forming a police state at all except in the minds of the unhinged and those prone to hyperbolic over-reaction?

Just maybe?
"The story of the gay sheep showed what can result when science meets global news"--The International Herald Tribune, January 26th, 2007.

Offline MWDabbs

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: 07:24 25-Jul-2009 »
Yes Billy, I'm unhinged and overreacting.  It's fun, it's liberating, you should try it some time. 

Offline Billy T

• N00b
  • Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
    • Whirling Dervish
« Reply #11 on: 12:47 27-Jul-2009 »
Well, I'm just curious seeing as how we have the police state now, if you have gotten the date to report to the reeducation camp and turn in your guns?
"The story of the gay sheep showed what can result when science meets global news"--The International Herald Tribune, January 26th, 2007.

Offline MWDabbs

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: 00:40 28-Jul-2009 »
Actually Billy, I haven't gotten the notice; since you've already been there, please tell us what it was like, did you get free dinner rolls?  How much of a tip did you give the admissions officer to get the front seat?  You paid for admission, too, right?   

Most importantly, did they explain how they were going to spend their way to economic prosperity for everyone?   Did they show you how -1 + -1 comes up with a balance greater than 0?  Did they teach you math?

I didn't think so.  But...you got hope, and that's all that matters. 

Offline Billy T

• N00b
  • Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
    • Whirling Dervish
« Reply #13 on: 11:20 29-Jul-2009 »
Actually Billy, I haven't gotten the notice; since you've already been there, please tell us what it was like, did you get free dinner rolls?  How much of a tip did you give the admissions officer to get the front seat?  You paid for admission, too, right?   

Most importantly, did they explain how they were going to spend their way to economic prosperity for everyone?   Did they show you how -1 + -1 comes up with a balance greater than 0?  Did they teach you math?

I didn't think so.  But...you got hope, and that's all that matters. 

It was great, but take a pass on the jello salad on Thursdays...Scratch that, Thursday is an all around crappy day at the canteen, so if you can sneak one of wednesdays chicken bones into your sleeve to hold you over till Friday that's the best plan....

And as for the other thing they just kept showing us the film of Cheney saying "You know Paul, Reagan proved deficits don't matter" and then they showed us the formulas that show since less taxation somehow equals greater revenue, then by extension zero taxes equals infinite revenue, and also that 2 foriegn wars+tax cut=patriotic prosperity for all with a side of freedom fries,  and that we should stop being America hating terrorist loving traitors...

And on graduation we got a shiny yellow ribbon magnet for our cars!!!! So we could show everyone how much we loved America more than them!

Luckily I got let out of that reeducation camp last November...But hey as citizens we all have to take our turn right?