Author Topic: Sarah Palin wins the Iquitarod!!!  (Read 12945 times)

Offline Vera

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 825
  • -Receive: 595
Re: Sarah Palin wins the Iquitarod!!!
« Reply #90 on: 12:12 29-Jul-2009 »
AkMIke: This question of yours about who is going to pay for Obama's spending is NOT a valid question. Maybe this question should be or should HAVE been addressed to someone else? Who, let me ask you, has accumulated the largest deficit in history after inheriting a surplus. Do not blame a person who is working so hard to try and pull the country from the brink of economic collapse and seems like he might be succeeding. The economy seems to be stabilizing a bit. He is taking on so many issues where the reform is long overdue, like healthcare for example. He is not waging wars and is not starting any, he is trying to do something for Americans (at last), and this one argument of yours is so not valid! It was not him who accumulated the deficit and brought the country from surplus to almost another Great Depression. Mike, can you like switch to a topic where you at least have a leg to stand on!!!!Address your questions to previous administration and what they have done to run the deficits and national debt!
« Last Edit: 13:51 29-Jul-2009 by Vera »
"You never really know a guy until you've stared at him for 8 hours through high powered binoculars." -Spongebob Squarepants

Online David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1001
  • -Receive: 1318
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #91 on: 12:47 29-Jul-2009 »
Can you name one single industry that Reagan deregulated?

The Savings and Loan industry that led to the 100 billion bailout....

The main legislative initiative deregulating that industry was enacted in 1980, the year before Reagan became president.  Not to say that he did nothing to reduce regulation of that industry, but of fifteen causes of the 1980's S&L crisis, only two or three seem to be caused directly by legislation deregulating the S&L's.  Those were basically reductions in the minimum number of stakeholders and to permit institutions to do business in locations remote from the locations where they traditionally operated.
The S&L crisis was primarily driven by economics, just as today's failures are caused by economics.
Crooks are exposed, not because they are the root cause of the financial crisis, but because their businesses are the weakest.  As soon as customers ask to be shown the money, the jig is up.  That is what happened, then, also.

Online David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #92 on: 12:57 29-Jul-2009 »
Ron Paul would have would have made a better canidate for the republicans. McCain is too old and too many were worried about him croaking while in office. Her had a good 'grass roots support IIRC but didn't really get started bringing in the ad money.

Ron Paul would have put America on the Gold standard, and basically repeat mistakes that have in the past made recessions into depressions.  It is reasonable to argue that most of the money the government is spending is wasted, but the truth is that spending is necessary to avert a far worse disaster.  What is happening today is nowhere near as bad as it could have been.

I understand that Ron Paul appears in the Sacha Baron Cohen, film, "Bruno." 

Offline SmartJAzzInOdessa

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 210
    • My Music!
« Reply #93 on: 13:13 29-Jul-2009 »
Ron Paul would have would have made a better canidate for the republicans. McCain is too old and too many were worried about him croaking while in office. Her had a good 'grass roots support IIRC but didn't really get started bringing in the ad money.

Um? Um? UM?! Are you kidding me? Ron Paul is the guy who wanted to privatize the public school system. That way we keep the uptown schools stocked with the finest and the slum schools... Well... Probably won't exist... Not including the fact that this would fuel racism and hate in America, as there would be all white schools, all black schools, all hispanic schools, Christian schools, Jewish schools, Mormon schools, etc. Of course, some private schools like this already exist, but private schools fuel propaganda and if all schools were privatized... Hmm...

Isn't he also the one who wanted to do away with the FDA? The key isn't getting rid of it... They key is FIXING it.

Ron Paul has lost his f**king mind.
« Last Edit: 14:03 29-Jul-2009 by P-N »
Если человек просит у тебя рыбу, дай ему удочку.

Offline MWDabbs

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 217
  • -Receive: 285
    • Opera Mobile Store Blog
« Reply #94 on: 15:06 29-Jul-2009 »
Actually, Congress controls spending.  The president submits his budget proposals and Congress votes on it, and can amend it.  So, both parties are responsible for the budget and the deficit. 

The Federal Reserve controls monetary policies in addition to supervising/regulating banks, maintaining stability of the economy, and high level financial services.  It is fairly apparent that the Federal Reserve does not really have to answer to anyone and failed in its responsibilities.  It's not a government body, there is no reserve.  The majority of US debt is owed to the Federal Reserve.  The Federal Reserve has the power to pretty much dictate whatever it wants, and for the most part it doesn't fret over the small stuff - just the big, long-term stuff.

As for the Iraq/Afghan War - that was supported largely by both parties in Congress, as was the money for it.  Undoubtedly, we were lied to over the terrorist/WMD issues and the responsibility for it comes down on Bush/Cheney and maybe the CIA, too - at least certain individuals within it.  I'm all for investigation of that and a lot of other things with the Bush/Cheney administration.  Leastwise, it is apparent that the CIA was withholding information from Congress.

Republican/Democrat - doesn't matter; both actively contributed to the problems - but ultimately, the Federal Reserve failed in its duties and is not being held accountable.  Some in government are willing to give them even more power.   

The issue I have is less in terms of what is happening today and more in terms of how today impacts tomorrow, six months and a year from now.  To me, those kinds of projections are almost as concrete as what I see "now".  Increasing spending while you are making less, and when you are already in debt, rarely leads to prosperity...unless one is a scam artist. 

But now that we have Obama and he can perform miracles... let's see what he can do.  And if he does perform miracles... I won't necessarily take that as a sign from God. 

We cannot afford governments that cannot afford to take care of our veterans.

Offline clanholmes

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 768
  • -Receive: 1067
« Reply #95 on: 17:10 29-Jul-2009 »
Bring back Lyndon Larouche!!! :D
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Socrates

Read, but not write

Offline Vera

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
Re: Sarah Palin (Breaking news?)
« Reply #96 on: 15:24 02-Aug-2009 »
Seems like I was the colsest to the truth with my supposition that her resignation had to do with a family matter.
Alaska News sites reports she is getting divorced from her husband Todd.

http://alaskareport.com/news39/x71283_divorce_palins.htm

August 1, 2009
Todd and Sarah Palin to divorce
Affairs on both sides
Updated 9:29pm AKDT

9:20pm - AlaskaReport.com receives letter from Palin lawyer Van Flein evidently confirming some details (will post when we clarify missing information)
AlaskaReport has learned today that Todd Palin and former Alaska governor Sarah Palin are to divorce. Multiple sources in Wasilla and Anchorage (including a former Palin staffer) have confirmed the split.

A National Enquirer story exposing previous affairs on both sides led to a deterioration of their marriage and the stress from that led to Palin's resignation as governor of Alaska last week.

The Palins were noticeably not speaking to each other for most of last Sunday's resignation speech in Fairbanks. Sarah ditched Todd (MSNBC) right after the speech and left without him. Sarah removed her wedding ring a couple of weeks ago.

Sarah has recently purchased land in Montana and is considering moving the family there. Sarah Palin is originally from Idaho.

Todd Palin told Fox News last week that he was heading back to his job in the oil fields of Alaska, yet Sarah recently signed a book deal reportedly worth $11 million.

Editor's note: AlaskaReport was the first website to report that Sarah Palin was running for governor of Alaska and the first website to report that Sarah was picked as John McCain's VP candidate.
« Last Edit: 17:26 02-Aug-2009 by Vera »
"You never really know a guy until you've stared at him for 8 hours through high powered binoculars." -Spongebob Squarepants

Offline yankee ne vod

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 84
  • -Receive: 30
« Reply #97 on: 17:06 02-Aug-2009 »
The National Inquirer... now there is a magazine that EVERYONE should trust...  Always correct and true information.   I think the people that print "Pravda" print the Inquirer.. ::)  Who really cares about SP anyway? ... she acts like a twit...  "you becha"  Sorry AK Mike...  tis true

Offline Vera

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #98 on: 17:16 02-Aug-2009 »
I do not care all that much either but it was an Alaskan site that reported it. I though they would be the first to know if it was for real......anyway, like you said...who really cares....
« Last Edit: 17:19 02-Aug-2009 by Vera »

Online David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #99 on: 17:37 02-Aug-2009 »
I think the $11 million (if the book offer is for real,)  is a better explanation for the resignation, than infidelity.  In fact, it is a better explanation for the divorce than infidelity.  It is pretty much the same deal as when some married couple wins the lottery and can suddenly do whatever they want.
  In order for the infidelity to be the primary reason, you would have to accept that Sarah Palin would have the integrity to resign even if she needed the job.  Don't forget that the position of governor might place some legal hurdles between her and all that money she can make off her notoriety.

Palin is denying the internet reports of her impending divorce:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/08/01/2009-08-01_sarah_palin_denies_reports_she_is_getting_divorced_from_.html

« Last Edit: 02:52 03-Aug-2009 by David Rochlin »