Author Topic: What's the British school like?  (Read 3469 times)

symmons

What's the British school like?
« on: 10:37 06-Feb-2006 »
We have an oportunity to come to Kiev to live and work. We have two children 7 & 9 and would like to hear some opinions on the British School - quality of teaching? Results? Numbers of children? Are there any British families?

Offline Old Admin (Retired)

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 115
  • -Receive: 321
    • http://www.expatua.com
« Reply #1 on: 19:50 09-Feb-2006 »

symmons

« Reply #2 on: 12:01 10-Feb-2006 »
Yes thankyou we have seen the British School website but what we were hoping for was some practical information from someone who has direct experience from this school or any other international schools in Kiev. Preferences, quality of education, results and numbers of children in classes, information like this.

tyler292

Thoughts from another expat parent
« Reply #3 on: 14:31 27-Feb-2006 »
From what I've heard the British school has become more Ukrainian and less expat over the recent years...not that there's anything wrong with that!  I heard the ratio is 80% Ukrainian 20% foreign.  But that might just be hearsay.  

My son goes to the Kiev Inter'l School, and we are extremely happy with it.  It has the best facility of any school in the city, and I think that the teachers are excellent.  The focus is American, however, not British, yet the student body is very international.  I would say the majority of students come from countries other than the U.S.  

I'm American myself, but I do know some other British families there who are very happy.

Good luck!