Author Topic: UA Elections 2010  (Read 3071 times)

Offline Old Admin (Retired)

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 115
  • -Receive: 321
    • http://www.expatua.com
UA Elections 2010
« on: 12:06 08-Sep-2009 »
Канада

buttock niy Yatseniuk

Offline Glyn Thomas.

• All this work and I get called:
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 717
  • -Receive: 2028
    • Kiev Life
Re: UA Elections 2010
« Reply #1 on: 12:33 08-Sep-2009 »
I wonder if he'll gradually change his jackets during the campaign (like his evolving posters) so he ends up like a rainbow?
I am the shadow of the waxwing slain.. by the false azure of the windowpane...

Offline Vera

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 825
  • -Receive: 595
« Reply #2 on: 13:19 08-Sep-2009 »
So awkward that the lady did not extend her hand for a handshake. He is visibly nervous....some body language coaching would be appropriate too.
« Last Edit: 15:30 08-Sep-2009 by Vera »
"You never really know a guy until you've stared at him for 8 hours through high powered binoculars." -Spongebob Squarepants

Offline P-N

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 634
  • -Receive: 2266
  • Cogito Ergo Sum
    • Odessatalk
« Reply #3 on: 15:13 08-Sep-2009 »
Actually having a policy rather than just pointing out problems would be a good start for this lad.

So far everything I have seen and heard of him on TV has been pointing out problems but without any suggestion of a solution.

He was actually asked, not long ago, if he supported a fully parliamentary system or the Presidential system........he could not answer or did not answer the question.

His response was that the constitution needed some amendments.

Nice to know where he stands.

I had a lot of hopes for this guy and he is turning into a bigger let down than Yushenko has been already.

Still, he has time to improve......I hope.
"When surrounded by the dark void of the willfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Me

Offline Packman

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 348
  • -Receive: 112
  • www.fabbers.com.ua
    • Fabbers Desktop Factories
« Reply #4 on: 20:19 10-Sep-2009 »
I think he is dressed as if he were wooing small town "hoods" by wearing track suit like clothing!

Anyway, I'd be voting for him if I were Ukrainian.  Can't be worse than the three clowns.  Mathematically possible he is better. :)

richardm

« Reply #5 on: 20:57 10-Sep-2009 »
By all accounts if the election was today he would get 11% of the vote and considering he has started his campaign months before the major parties I would say his chances are practically zero!

His camp despite massive spending are failing to get the message over, people I know say the general feeling is that he is just another load of false promises like the Orange movement so he is fighting massive scepticism amongst a weary electorate.

Carlusha

« Reply #6 on: 21:10 10-Sep-2009 »
I think he is dressed as if he were wooing small town "hoods" by wearing track suit like clothing!

Anyway, I'd be voting for him if I were Ukrainian.  Can't be worse than the three clowns.  Mathematically possible he is better. :)

Clowns? Yes, definitely!

Offline Packman

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 348
  • -Receive: 112
  • www.fabbers.com.ua
    • Fabbers Desktop Factories
« Reply #7 on: 00:51 11-Sep-2009 »
By all accounts if the election was today he would get 11% of the vote and considering he has started his campaign months before the major parties I would say his chances are practically zero!

His camp despite massive spending are failing to get the message over, people I know say the general feeling is that he is just another load of false promises like the Orange movement so he is fighting massive scepticism amongst a weary electorate.

You just don't like him because he doesn't wear pixie shoes...come clean!

Online David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1001
  • -Receive: 1318
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #8 on: 01:53 11-Sep-2009 »
Yatseniuk will only lose votes by revealing his policy positions on matters important to the voters.  Part of his popularity hinges on people not knowing what to object to.  He is a very likable guy, so if he can sell voters with his character or charisma alone, then that is the best scenario.  Every other way to campaign will alienate one group or another.
  Remember that lots of people will be happy even if all he accomplishes is to cost Tymo a presidency.

richardm

« Reply #9 on: 21:44 11-Sep-2009 »
Its all "small beer" as he is going to lose in any case, he probably is a better option that the 3 stooges but whether we like it or not the people who vote "Ukrainians" clearly dont agree or are yet to be conviced.

Yatseniuk will only lose votes by revealing his policy positions on matters important to the voters.  Part of his popularity hinges on people not knowing what to object to.  He is a very likable guy, so if he can sell voters with his character or charisma alone, then that is the best scenario.  Every other way to campaign will alienate one group or another.
  Remember that lots of people will be happy even if all he accomplishes is to cost Tymo a presidency.