Author Topic: Good democracy, isn?t it?  (Read 958 times)

Offline Analyst2

• Subscriber
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Good democracy, isn?t it?
« on: 16:03 27-Oct-2009 »
Just in February of this year the Hague International Court settled territorial disputes between Romania and our Ukraine towards the Snake Island to the advantage of Bucharest. Moreover, it comes kind of shock for me why the EU is not going to stop current Romanian activity aimed at its reunion with Moldova. You see, it is clear for everyone that the next step of Bucharest will be joining our Northern Bukovina and Southern Bessarabia, where Romanians constitute a majority of local population.
I cannot understand why both the EU and the NATO keep silence towards the actions of their new-made members, although they are directly violating major democratic principles of territorial integrity!
Why do EU leaders not feel solicitude for current escalation of nationalist claims of Poland, Hungary or Romania towards our Ukraine? Maybe, Europe cannot realize that their provocative actions against this country, honeycombed with global economic and internal political crisis, leads to aggravation of local separatism, dismemberment of this country and destabilization of situation in the whole Eastern Europe ? In any case the EU prefers to spare vanity of its young members from Eastern Europe to the detriment of territorial integrity such sovereign State of the same region as our poor Ukraine! Good democracy, isn?t it?

Offline Tim

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 80
Re: Good democracy, isn?t it?
« Reply #1 on: 20:07 27-Oct-2009 »
It's not about democracy, it's about subjects and objects of politics. EU is a more or less political subject while Ukraine is definitely an object so EU is playing and Ukraine is being played. In fact, for years, Ukraine was protected by simply not having anything really worth meddling, but it looks like the situation is changing, isn’t it?

It is ironic that after all these years of independency even most loyal Ukrainian population from the Western Ukraine, aside from a few professional patriots and top bureaucrats, would be happy to become citizens of one of EU states (whatever is closer) even if it means to get rid of Ukrainian independency and even its statehood.

Offline Packman

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 348
  • -Receive: 112
  • www.fabbers.com.ua
    • Fabbers Desktop Factories
Re: Good democracy, isn?t it?
« Reply #2 on: 14:04 30-Oct-2009 »
Is the Analist back? ;D ;D ;D