Author Topic: New Ukraine Dialing Rules as of Oct. 14  (Read 1974 times)

Offline SteveH

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 983
  • -Receive: 251
New Ukraine Dialing Rules as of Oct. 14
« on: 19:05 09-Sep-2009 »
This applies to Landline and Mobile calls,
For making calls inside Ukraine, subscribers will no longer have to dial ?8? before the area code or a mobile phone number.

Changes to the dialing format passed by the Ministry of Transport and Communications last year will come into effect Oct 14.

More info at this link;

http://www.kyivpost.com/city/48318
« Last Edit: 19:08 09-Sep-2009 by SteveH »

Offline Lt. Campers

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 216
  • -Receive: 571
  • On patrol
Re: New Ukraine Dialing Rules as of Oct. 14
« Reply #1 on: 10:13 10-Sep-2009 »
For making calls inside Ukraine, subscribers will no longer have to dial ?8? before the area code or a mobile phone number.

Changes to the dialing format passed by the Ministry of Transport and Communications last year will come into effect Oct 14.

More info at this link;

Thanks for the info, I wonder how the changes will affect people dialing Ukraine from abroad ?
The first in the field and the last from the Taverna.

Carlusha

« Reply #2 on: 11:38 10-Sep-2009 »

More info at this link;

Thanks for the info, I wonder how the changes will affect people dialing Ukraine from abroad ?

No change, Sir, Left Tenant, Sir!

Offline SteveH

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: 11:22 13-Oct-2009 »
The day is nearly upon us,by now most Networks should have sent an SMS warning of this dialing code change, Remove the "8".

Offline SteveH

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: 14:58 28-Oct-2009 »
I have recently been getting reminders from my service providers in Ukraine, that there has been a change to Area codes in and around Kyiv that will also affect International incoming dialling codes.

The region code for towns in the Kyiv oblast, other than Kyiv itself, will change from 44 to 45.
So calling to the city of Kyiv will begin 0 44, but calls to other Kyiv oblast cities (such as Brovary, Boryspil, Slavytych, Ukrainka) will begin 0 45.
This is the only change that will affect international dialing!, So Far!

Offline clanholmes

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 768
  • -Receive: 1067
« Reply #5 on: 16:39 28-Oct-2009 »

More info at this link;

Spelling it phonetically so it does not get mixed with the American pronunciation.

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Socrates

Read, but not write

Carlusha

« Reply #6 on: 16:53 28-Oct-2009 »

More info at this link;

Spelling it phonetically so it does not get mixed with the American pronunciation.

OK, OK .......... No change, Sir, Loo Tenant, Sir!

Happy now?

Offline clanholmes

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 768
  • -Receive: 1067
« Reply #7 on: 17:36 28-Oct-2009 »
I thought I would have to take out my British to American dictionary
http://www.travelfurther.net/dictionaries/

LOL
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Socrates

Read, but not write

Online David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1000
  • -Receive: 1317
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #8 on: 20:27 28-Oct-2009 »
If I really, really want to, my phone still connects me, when I dial that 8.  It behaves very peculiarly when I do so, sometimes acting as if I dropped the call for tens of seconds, before connecting, but eventually it seems to work.

Carlusha

« Reply #9 on: 20:37 28-Oct-2009 »
If I really, really want to, my phone still connects me, when I dial that 8.  It behaves very peculiarly when I do so, sometimes acting as if I dropped the call for tens of seconds, before connecting, but eventually it seems to work.

If you are calling from the States and using an access number, then these 10s of seconds cost money as the clock starts once the access number stage is active!

Why not just change the number as instructed?

Online David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: 20:48 28-Oct-2009 »

If you are calling from the States and using an access number, then these 10s of seconds cost money as the clock starts once the access number stage is active!

Why not just change the number as instructed?

I am starting to do that, but I am a bit conservative, if you hadn't noticed, Carl.
I am in Zaporozhye though, at the present, not the states.  I am going back home next week though, perhaps to return to Ukraine  in December.

Carlusha

« Reply #11 on: 21:22 28-Oct-2009 »

I am going back home next week though, perhaps to return to Ukraine  in December.

Oh dearie me. Where are you headed next time? Have you been before in December? It can get cold, very cold and even colder if the lady doesn't pay the gas bill!
« Last Edit: 07:56 29-Oct-2009 by The Old Man »

Online David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: 21:51 28-Oct-2009 »

I am going back home next week though, perhaps to return to Ukraine  in December.

Oh dearie me. Where are you headed next time? Jabe you been before in December? It can get cold, very cold and even colder of the lady doesn't pay the gas bill!

Actually, it is cold right now, in my apartment.  My apartment has only city heat, but the city hasn't turned on the hot water yet, in Zap.   I guess they usually do it on Oct. 15, but they are holding out this year.  It is unseasonably cold.   I have been boiling water on the stove at night, for warmth. 
  I always like to visit Ukraine in Autumn, Winter and Spring.  My market is too busy, and the business is too critical, in the summer, to be away at that time.