Author Topic: A fairly non-partizan political article - No, I am not joking!  (Read 927 times)

Offline P-N

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 634
  • -Receive: 2266
  • Cogito Ergo Sum
    • Odessatalk
http://www.lb.com.ua/analitic/politics/2009/12/18/17429_7_fevralya-den_viborov.html

Now there is a reasonably thought out article for a change.......and really fairly non-partizan too.

Of course it is opinion and even more obviously well beyond the capabilities of the KP  :D :D

The one thing I do agree with more than anything else in the article is that regardless of who wins the election between Tymoshenko and Yanukovych is that Tigipko will end up being first choice Prime Minister if the two parties related to the two candidates cannot work together in the RADA and put personal spats between Yanukovych and Tymoshenko aside........so it looks like Tigipko will be PM........which will be fortunate for me as I posted the fact I thought he will be (for similar reasons) a few weeks ago in another thread  ;D

I also tend to agree that the new President will almost circumnavigate the RADA completely if it is not "complient" with his/her will and build strong aliances with the newly elected region administrations and business/political elite within them, should the RADA become "unfunctionable" forcing it from both top down (with a complient PM to help) and bottom up (with agreements with regional administrations) to accomplish at least certain basic things.

It may just be, that the regional elections in May will have more impact on Ukraine as a nation than anything which the RADA will accomplish next year.......and the shift of power will not be so much about changing seats in the RADA but the relationships between President and regional administrations instead.

Now that will be interesting!

"When surrounded by the dark void of the willfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Me

Offline Packman

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 348
  • -Receive: 112
  • www.fabbers.com.ua
    • Fabbers Desktop Factories
Nick,

I've started to hear the whispers against Tigipko.  Some type of sexual perversions or something?  Could be used as the Jewish whispers were used against Yasenyuk.

Offline P-N

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 634
  • -Receive: 2266
  • Cogito Ergo Sum
    • Odessatalk
Guess we will see Pack.  Of course now opinion polls are banned from being published (as of 2 January) as per Ukrainian election law.

(Well how else can someone make a miracle jump up or down in the polls without a media opinion poll blackout and get away with it).

As for sexual and criminal whispers of wrong doing, well they don't seem to be doing Yanukovych any harm in the polls........be they expunged from his official past or not   :D

I will stick with my prediction that Tigipko will become Prime Minister (although for how long he remains as such is anybody's guess) as his last reported opinion poll percentage would take Yanukovych way past the finishing line or put Tymoshenko in with a decent shout if he supports her in round 2.

Either way, Tymoshenko or Yanukovych have to promise him a top job for his support and percentage of the polls and Prime Minister would be a nice number under either one of them.......initially at least.

Jobs for the boys (or girls) as the saying goes.  :D

(As for the Jewish whispers against Yatseniuk........Wiki won't help as it states he has Jewish parents and even to a Jew, a person born of a Jewish mother is a Jew, be they practicing or not.  A name like buttock niy doesn't help much either........being a very Jewish name in these parts.........so anything fabricated or true with regards to any other intentions he may have first have to overcome the barriers put up by many regarding Jews)
« Last Edit: 10:17 03-Jan-2010 by P-N »
"When surrounded by the dark void of the willfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Me