Author Topic: Russia's reaction to election  (Read 3345 times)

Offline matlockk

• I used to live here
  • Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 163
  • -Receive: 134
Russia's reaction to election
« on: 07:19 03-Oct-2007 »
KIEV, Oct. 2 - Less than two
days after a snap parliamentary
election made likely a shift away
from the country's pro-Russian
government, Russian gas giant
Gazprom on Tuesday unexpectedly
threatened to cut off natural
gas supplies to Ukraine unless
the country pays off a $1.3 billion
debt for gas supplies within
the next 30 days.

From today's press. Thanks Mr the Kremlin-based midget. I'm off to buy another radiator.

Offline Packman

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 348
  • -Receive: 112
  • www.fabbers.com.ua
    • Fabbers Desktop Factories
Re: Russia's reaction to election
« Reply #1 on: 14:02 04-Oct-2007 »
heat, shmeat!  who needs it! ;)

JonathanCampion

« Reply #2 on: 14:34 04-Oct-2007 »
The Russians have thought up worse ways to get people out of their flats, I suppose.

Offline matlockk

• I used to live here
  • Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 163
  • -Receive: 134
« Reply #3 on: 14:48 04-Oct-2007 »
heat, shmeat!  who needs it! ;)

were you here last october packman when it was 7 deg out and still no heating? I guess you were in tropical Moscow with those radiators that you can't touch 'cus they are so hot!

Offline Tim

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 80
« Reply #4 on: 15:16 05-Oct-2007 »
From today's press. Thanks Mr the Kremlin-based midget. I'm off to buy another radiator.

I’ve heard about a thing called free trade and, particularly, that no sellers may be obliged to sell their goods. Is it still right?

And, by the way, if local businesses don’t care about diversifying their sources, who should be blamed? Also Ukrainian governments have claimed “threatening” for years but still moved no finger to avoid “threatening”. Should not they be blamed first?

Offline Packman

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • www.fabbers.com.ua
« Reply #5 on: 07:21 12-Oct-2007 »
Ever heard of a thing called bufoonerie?  I'm not going to play with you anymore if you don't elect or install the gov't I don't like.

I?ve heard about a thing called free trade and, particularly, that no sellers may be obliged to sell their goods. Is it still right?

And, by the way, if local businesses don?t care about diversifying their sources, who should be blamed? Also Ukrainian governments have claimed ?threatening? for years but still moved no finger to avoid ?threatening?. Should not they be blamed first?

Offline Tim

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 21:04 14-Nov-2007 »
Ever heard of a thing called bufoonerie?  I'm not going to play with you anymore if you don't elect or install the gov't I don't like.

Not sure what you meant. What I can say is that "Zagprom" has been and still is subsidizing Ukraine by selling natural gaz much cheaper than it really is worth. I don't know why it does that, I just saw numbers a few months ago and according to those numbers the company had lost tens of billions US dollars (in today's prices) supporting Ukraine.

As a matter of fact, in 16 years "Gazprom" has done much more for Ukraine than all others including the USA, Europe, World Bank, and WMF altogether. So the Ukrainian goverment rather has to swear by "Gazprom". And, at least, pay its debts in time instead of cheating and throwing a fit.

Offline Packman

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • www.fabbers.com.ua
« Reply #7 on: 18:46 06-Dec-2007 »
Well, if the last price increase that was negociated actually went to Gazprom I might buy your argument, but it didn't.  Gazprom actually recieved the same money as before the difference was skimmed off into a Swiss Holding company.  I betcha you don't have any idea where that money that the Swiss company has is controlled by do you?

Offline Tim

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: 20:47 12-Feb-2008 »
Gazprom actually recieved the same money as before the difference was skimmed off into a Swiss Holding company.

I'm not really sure who provided you rith this information which has to be highly confidential <grin> In other words, if you read this in a newspaper or saw in a TV, that's most likely a fake. Like, WMD in Iraq.

But it doesn't really matter as the situation is still the same and Ukraine is still buying natural gaz much cheaper than it's worth in Europe. That's exactly what called subsidizing.