Author Topic: sending a package to ukraine  (Read 25805 times)

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1030
  • -Receive: 1340
  • Statue of the Motherland
Re: sending a package to ukraine
« Reply #30 on: 05:42 27-Jun-2012 »
I am trying Bosmix/Meest and using the small parcel air option, from US to UA  Apparently it can take up to nineteen days for an air parcel.   I can't say as to the result, but perhaps if I live long enough to see it, I will report it.  Tracking is a bit vague and doesn't start until the package leaves the US.  That part took a week.  Now tracking just says Meest hub, Ukraine and has for days.  Still, I provided only a very minimal description of contents which were nothing extraordinary.  If it gets through with no complications, that will be a feather in their cap in my view. 

Offline sjg-uk

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 68
    • Simila Cyprus
« Reply #31 on: 06:03 27-Jun-2012 »
Good luck with this David,
I have used the normal registered Postal service , for sending an iPhone , this worked great , no problem. We just went to local post office and collected.
Also we have used TNT , they delivered to our home , again no problems.

Aerosvit do a parcel delivery service , have a look at their website .
Simila-Cyprus.com - For excellent Holiday Rental Villas & Apts in Cyprus

Offline mizugami7523

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #32 on: 08:14 29-Jun-2012 »
For 5 years I have mailed iPhones, iPods, laptops, credit cards, cash very expensive coach purses, shoes and what not via priority mail. Only once charged customs, only once lost a package. But that package finally arrived, after going to customs office in Odessa. The postal service is good. Great tracking right up to the door. My experience is with Odessa and Kiev only.

Sent by Siri from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Money isn't everything......lack of money is everything

Offline rmm1110

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 13
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #33 on: 13:58 01-Jul-2012 »
i recently sent 3 packages regular (not express) from germany to ukraine...DHL hands it off to Meest once it arrives in ukraine...too forever but it reached me in kharkov, no problem

but for $12, my office routinely sends me "care packages" USPS...last one took all but 6 days to deliver (IL, USA to kharkov)...i was impressed

side note...read some of the post about handbags...$400-1200 for a HANDBAG?  good grief..what kind of people waste that kind of money on handbags?  is it all about trying to impress others?   

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
« Reply #34 on: 14:10 01-Jul-2012 »
ead some of the post about handbags...$400-1200 for a HANDBAG?  good grief..what kind of people waste that kind of money on handbags?  is it all about trying to impress others?   

Sadly, most Ukrainians are going through this mid-1980's "Aren't I Impressive In My Expensive Material Things", phase or "Keeping Up With The Jones'". Kinda sad to see these people spending money on the worst investment possible ... automobiles, and still not having a pot to piss in. I guess it is from a lifetime of seeing most everyone you know have the same things... they will grow out of it, when they learn the real value of money.

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1030
  • -Receive: 1340
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #35 on: 23:58 16-Nov-2015 »
Good luck with this David,
I have used the normal registered Postal service , for sending an iPhone , this worked great , no problem. We just went to local post office and collected.
Also we have used TNT , they delivered to our home , again no problems.

Aerosvit do a parcel delivery service , have a look at their website .

Since this old thread is reopened...  Meest/ Bosmix took three weeks, but results may vary, since they accumulate crates full, and then ship when they have enough.