Author Topic: tonight we did put lights in all windows  (Read 2555 times)

Offline Claus

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2616
  • -Receive: 801
tonight we did put lights in all windows
« on: 20:22 24-Nov-2007 »
to commemorate the victims of the artificial famine in 1932-33.
I do NOT want to discuss - here or elsewhere - if this was genocide or not. It was a crime, that's enough.  A crime with around 10 million victims.
We put the candles in our windows to commemorate the victims; not to promote propaganda of any party.

j'y suis, j'y reste!

Offline Ivans

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Queue management systems
Re: tonight we did put lights in all windows
« Reply #1 on: 11:02 25-Nov-2007 »
Actually it is a bit disappointing of how little candles were in windows yesterday (at least at the Podil Quarter) which evidences that peoples do not realise the 1932-33 history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor
When in Ukraine DO NOT do as Ukrainians do ;D

Offline Tim

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 80
There is genocide in progress in Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: 13:26 25-Nov-2007 »
I do NOT want to discuss - here or elsewhere - if this was genocide or not. It was a crime, that's enough.

It's the past. Tragic, of course, but all these people are already dead. What's problem at present is that Ukrainians are exterminated. Every day about 1,500-2,000 “little Ukrainians” are prematurely dying - due to lack of food, lack of drugs and proper medicine service, environmental pollution, traffic accidents, accidents cased by unsafe labor conditions, and plenty of other reason. And this regime doesn’t do anything to help them out. It is hardly an overstatement to say there is genocide in progress in Ukraine. THIS must the most important problem for the people nowadays and the famine could wait a bit.

The current death toll is about 7 millions victims and about the same number refugees who would never come back.

Offline Claus

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
genocide here and now in Ukraine?
« Reply #3 on: 18:03 25-Nov-2007 »
Tim
Naturally, if such takes place here now, it is far more important to deal with that than with the long past!

Now, please do elaborate and document - you claim that there is a deliberate plan (by whom?) being carried out, effectually killing some 1.800 Ukrainian kids per day. And that the death-toll so far is around 7 million.

Really?
j'y suis, j'y reste!

Offline Tim

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
Re: genocide here and now in Ukraine?
« Reply #4 on: 19:46 10-Feb-2008 »
Hi Claus

Now, please do elaborate and document - you claim that there is a deliberate plan (by whom?) being carried out, effectually killing some 1.800 Ukrainian kids per day. And that the death-toll so far is around 7 million.

you're right, that's something that needs to be thoroughly investigated. Some people think this is "simply" culpable negligence but I don't personally believe this. Do you think it's possible?

Tim

Offline Claus

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: 20:11 10-Feb-2008 »
Hardly. I can't see who'd benefit, and I don't believe crimes are done 'altruistically'.
Anyhow, welcome back, Tim  ;D
j'y suis, j'y reste!

Offline Tim

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 21:01 10-Feb-2008 »
Hardly. I can't see who'd benefit, and I don't believe crimes are done 'altruistically'.

You can say that's how the entire system works. People're duying and no one seems to be responsible. BTW, something similar we had in New Orleans.

Anyhow, welcome back, Tim  ;D

Thanks, man. Besides other stuff, I had sort of vacation and spent a week in California and 2 weeks in Germany, and hopefully this'll give me enough strength to survive a few more months here :)