Author Topic: Customs  (Read 2684 times)

and11200

Customs
« on: 07:16 30-Apr-2006 »
I'm going to be flying to Ukraine from the U.S. of A. I've been searching till I'm blue in the face, however I can't seem to find customs regulations in any type of legible form (the kind thats actually understandable and not legal mumbo jumbo). Does anybody have any experience with this?

Will my passport be enough to allow enterance into Ukraine? According to the Borsipol Airport website it says I need a invitation too  Whats that all about?

Are there English speaking officials there? I've been trying to learn Russian, but the program I'm using (Rosetta Stone) just isn't my style.

I've got a slew of other questions, however I figure this should be adequet for now  

-Andy

Offline Old Admin (Retired)

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 115
  • -Receive: 321
    • http://www.expatua.com
Customs
« Reply #1 on: 20:54 30-Apr-2006 »
VISA:

On introduction of the visa free regime for the US citizens.

Please, be informed that on August 18, 2005, the President of Ukraine signed Decree No. 1175/2005, amending the President's Decree No. 1008/2005 of June 30, 2005 on the Ukrainian visa requirements for the citizens of the United States of America.
According to the Decree No. 1008/2005 and the amendments to it introduced by the Decree No. 1175/2005 the US citizens do not need a visa to enter Ukraine if the period of their stay does not exceed 90 days.

For the US citizens who enter Ukraine with the purpose of employment, permanent residency, study and work at the diplomatic missions of the United States in Ukraine or with any other purpose, if the period of their stay in Ukraine is more than 90 days, visas are required.

No invitation letters are necessary for citizens of the US, Canada, Japan, Slovakia, and Turkey for obtaining official, business, private, cultural, or sports visas.

You will fill the "landing form" on the plane. You should provide basic personal info (passport etc) and provide address where you plan to stay in Ukraine.

ENGLISH:

You'll be OK in Borispil with English - they have now people who speaks reasonable level of English.

Anton0067

Customs
« Reply #2 on: 16:21 24-May-2006 »
Good question and good answer.

Thanks to both of you!