Author Topic: A 25 year old judge? WTF? How did this slip by the forum?  (Read 4724 times)

Offline Tim

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 80
If you really wrote what you think and it's not some forum trolling: Most of the people on this forum are more Ukrainian than the "real" Ukrainians are (including myself).  Most (if not all) of the people in this topic know a lot about this country (more than most of the Ukrainians, myself including).  And most of them are actually trying to change the place they live in to make it better.  As a saying goes: it's not a crime to live in poop, it's a crime to try to make yourself comfortable living in it.

I won't argue you may be less Ukrainian then many aliens and that you may know less about Ukraine than them, that's your problem. In fact, I can see it. The less right you have to speak for all Ukrainians.

As "live in poop", it is a clear and straight insult to Ukraine and Ukrainians. I would expect you to apologize.

Offline vumpel03

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 53
I won't argue you may be less Ukrainian then many aliens and that you may know less about Ukraine than them, that's your problem

I've been living in the States for a long time.  Similarly, many people on this forum (the "aliens") been living in Ukraine for a long time.  They have families, houses, friends and businesses here.  Many call Ukraine their home.  Some of them might even have an Ukrainian citizenship (doesn't matter to me at all, but looks like a very big deal to you).  
So, I might have learned about the US (a home for me) more than a guy from the US who now calls Ukraine his home and know more about Ukraine than I do.   I don't see a problem here.  This is how it should be. 

The less right you have to speak for all Ukrainians.  

You're  either confusing or intentially substituting "most" with "all" and "in my opinion" with "speaking on behalf/for"

As "live in poop", it is a clear and straight insult to Ukraine and Ukrainians.

The "live in poop" is a part of a proverb (translated to English) about people who accept the status quo, which I found useful to make a point.  Needless to say... what's needless to say.  

I would expect you to apologize.

To whom? "All" or "most" of the Ukrainians?  "Aliens"? You?  

Anyway, lets talk about the subject of this topic and not the personalities of the repliers.    However, if you REALLY need to reply to the above, please send me a pm.  

« Last Edit: 03:56 25-Aug-2011 by vumpel03 »

Offline Tim

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
The "live in poop" is a part of a proverb (translated to English) about people who accept the status quo, which I found useful to make a point.  Needless to say... what's needless to say.  

The only think I can say this is good you moved and live in the States now. Good for both you and Ukraine. No offense meant.
« Last Edit: 05:22 25-Aug-2011 by Tim »

Offline vumpel03

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You

The only think I can say this is good you moved and live in the States now. Good for both you and Ukraine. No offense meant.

None could've been taken.

Offline vumpel03

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
Somebody asked what happened at the end with the case and that judge.  Both parties tried to schedule an ex parte appointments with her to "discuss" the case.  After she refused to meet without the other party's reps being present, she was getting a lot of calls from the  aides of the "concerned", well-known politicians.  Each party to the lawsuit thought that since she's refusing to meet them, she must've taken to the heart the other party side.  My advise to be a real judge and decide the case on its merits worked out eventually and she was left alone after one or two months (and three or four nervous break downs and a couple of cases of valerianka) when both parties realized that they should've been spending money on lawyers and not politicians.  There are quite of few good stories she told me, but, unfortunately, those are not mine and cannot be told.
« Last Edit: 15:14 25-Aug-2011 by vumpel03 »

Offline Tim

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
she was left alone after one or two months (and three or four nervous break downs and a couple of cases of valerianka) when both parties realized that they should've been spending money on lawyers and not politicians

Thanks! I wonder how many readers are disappointed having not seen yet another corruption horror story like they're used to hear from the Kanal 5 :-\

Offline vumpel03

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
she was left alone after one or two months (and three or four nervous break downs and a couple of cases of valerianka) when both parties realized that they should've been spending money on lawyers and not politicians

Thanks! I wonder how many readers are disappointed having not seen yet another corruption horror story like they're used to hear from the Kanal 5 :-\

You can conduct a poll on this site.

Offline Packman

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 348
  • -Receive: 112
  • www.fabbers.com.ua
    • Fabbers Desktop Factories
Tim:

Your point will be well taken perhaps when the EXPAT members of EXPATUA decide to protest in front of the courthouse or take any other political action.  This is a discussion board...and part of discussion is talking about the world around us.

Here is the rub. The judge dealing with his case is a 25 year old woman.
A 25 year old judge is dealing with one of the most important ?political? cases in Ukraine.
WTF?

The think I don't understand is why you care. You are not Ukrainian, this is not your country, and you definitely know not that much about it. Let Ukrainians take care of their own business. I believe most people in Ukraine are already sick of aliens coming from the thick air and starting teaching them how to live. 20 years is more than enough. And this is especially disturbing when comes from people whose government are so far from perfection.

Offline Tim

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
Your point will be well taken perhaps when the EXPAT members of EXPATUA decide to protest in front of the courthouse or take any other political action.  This is a discussion board...and part of discussion is talking about the world around us.

Thanks for confirming my right to discuss why someone in the world around us is discussing things which have nothing to do with him in my humble opinion.

Matthew 7:3 "why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"