Author Topic: On Sale Now! Renounce US citizenship for merely $450  (Read 2508 times)

Offline MWDabbs

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 217
  • -Receive: 285
    • Opera Mobile Store Blog
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_US_CITIZENSHIP?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-02-02-15-27-40

Ah... in a sign of the times, what used to be free is now being offered for the special one time price of... $450 US Dollars.  That's the cost to renounce US citizenship now.  And, it costs more to get a new passport or to get more pages added to your passport, or to have a child born outside of the United States. 

--- Paid Commercial Advertisement---

"Wow, for just $450 you're virtually guaranteed to Never-B-Tazed for drinking unpasteurized milk ever again!  With your special order, you also get our special combo pack - Never-B-Sued for serving crunchy peanut butter when you serve creamy peanut butter, Never-B-Shot by US Law Enforcement with the wrong address, and Never-B-Strip-Searched if you are an 80 year old lady with a can of tuna, if you have a nipple ring or  a disability confining you to a wheelchair.

That's not ALL!  If you act NOW, you'll be entitled to forego the requirement to have mandatory insurance from a US Government approved insurance dealer who have already jacked up insurance rates by 50% and once it really kicks in will jack it up 200% more!  Only in the United States can you get all of this for the one time, low-low price of $450... but wait...

We'll also throw in eligibility for FREE AMERICAN JOBS OVERSEAS.  That's right - the past four administrations created lots of jobs overseas so that All Americans who renounce their citizenship and turn in their passports can actually find and even get a job!   And there's more!!!  This very special offer would not be complete without a free coupon to Mark's Rastafarian Haircuts for Bald Men, a special gift that you will not find anywhere else! 

So, Don't Wait!  Don't Delay!  Become a brand new ex-American Today!

These bargain rates won't last long, so hurry now and buy a life of freedom before the door slams shut for good!
-------------------------

We cannot afford governments that cannot afford to take care of our veterans.

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3116
  • -Receive: 4846
  • What's the future ever done for me?
Re: On Sale Now! Renounce US citizenship for merely $450
« Reply #1 on: 07:43 03-Feb-2012 »
For some reason the costumes of "Eruption" reminded me of DS-9.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline MWDabbs

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: 13:20 03-Feb-2012 »
Heh, I know what you really mean...  but, that's not too far away from...

http://dietstrychnine.com/

compare with the conscious decision that Hillary Clinton makes when wearing...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2095277/From-Washington-With-Love-How-Hillary-Clinton-styling-like-Bond-villain.html.

Relevancy here is that she is Secretary of State, and the State Department is the US department having the garage sale.  So, all proceeds from this must be going to her wardrobe, Spring 2012 Hillary Clinton Collection.  One could just imagine what she would wear to go swimming  and while I'm not going to go there - it looks like someone else has already gone over here...

http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/nakedhillary.htm

Which incidentally lets you select from a whole range of "popular politicians" to feature as your own screen saver.  And yes, it is in extremely poor taste, but there's three for Sarah Palin - which should make up for any deficiencies in political correctness on my part.  Besides that Hillary should know better than to be rummaging through poor Kim Jong-il's (may he rest in peace) Salvation Army contributions...

Heck, for that matter she could use one of Mark's Rastafarian Haircuts for Bald Men, too... 

I know being childish... but somehow I envision (or once upon a time envisioned) the representatives of the United States not looking like they just walked off the Death Star. 

Online David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1001
  • -Receive: 1317
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #3 on: 22:02 03-Feb-2012 »
The Feds should actually consider paying at least some people to renounce.  In many cases it would be a bargain.  Think of the saving to taxpayers!

Offline MWDabbs

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: 15:17 04-Feb-2012 »
I'm still debating whether to take advantage of this special offer.  Would be in the same boat even if they were paying me to renounce.   It is sort of like saying, "Okay, you fascist-a$$ mo-fo's win, I can't take it anymore, I'm out...."  I think that is perfectly valid, but...  it does not resonate yet with me.  I'm trying to rationalize it... and maybe I should seek professional psychological guidance... heh.  To give up leaves only myself to blame as if I'm not up to continued resistance to what is taking place, neither can I expect anyone else to be. 

Carlusha

« Reply #5 on: 17:02 04-Feb-2012 »
I'm still debating whether to take advantage of this special offer.  Would be in the same boat even if they were paying me to renounce.   It is sort of like saying, "Okay, you fascist-a$$ mo-fo's win, I can't take it anymore, I'm out...."  I think that is perfectly valid, but...  it does not resonate yet with me.  I'm trying to rationalize it... and maybe I should seek professional psychological guidance... heh.  To give up leaves only myself to blame as if I'm not up to continued resistance to what is taking place, neither can I expect anyone else to be.

Don't forget you need to get a passport from some other country to replace your forfeited US passport. Your PR belongs with your US Passport.

I checked out a few facts for you, including this one (heck, I don't even know whether you are ex-forces, CIA or Burger King as you're a mystery and I don't like to pry, even when we're having a meal and beer together). I do recall over the years, we have several US military retirees on board.

http://comptroller.defense.gov/fmr/07b/07b_06.pdf

Online David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 18:09 04-Feb-2012 »
Formally renouncing citizenship is a special program for retired pop stars and ungrateful offspring of wealthy Americans who naively volunteer go to live in North Korean, forced labor camps.

Offline MWDabbs

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: 23:19 04-Feb-2012 »
Thanks Carl - aware of most of that information, but I'm not retired government.   Good information though and as more people try to get out before the door closes, it'll be useful to some.  Numbers of people giving up their citizenship have been increasing steadily over the past four years.  If it's anything like the unemployment rate, the US Government is probably hiding the true numbers out of embarrassment.   Sounds like movie director Cameron is moving to New Zealand.

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3116
  • -Receive: 4846
  • What's the future ever done for me?
« Reply #8 on: 12:32 05-Feb-2012 »
Formally renouncing citizenship is a special program for retired pop stars and ungrateful offspring of wealthy Americans who naively volunteer go to live in North Korean, forced labor camps.

I wish Jane Fonda would have renounced and stayed in N. Vietnam, But the Viet Cong would have got tired of her I guess.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline DarrenF

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 193
  • -Receive: 82
« Reply #9 on: 04:06 06-Feb-2012 »

I wish Jane Fonda would have renounced and stayed in N. Vietnam, But the Viet Cong would have got tired of her I guess.

I've been waiting for her to die so I can piss on her grave. I guess I'll have to put some money aside to fly back to the states for that. Remind me to factor that in as part of my plans to move to Ukraine.

Online David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: 11:07 28-May-2012 »
Hurry, because the $450 Sale on renouncing your citizenship in the U.S. is almost over.  Next year there could be a 30% capital gains tax:
Hate linking to Huffington, but oh well:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/24/chuck-schumer-eduardo-saverin-nazi-comparison-appalling_n_1524021.html

Offline MWDabbs

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: 13:37 28-May-2012 »
Actually, it gets even better.   What a deal, under the NEW LAW if you renounce citizenship - you get to NEVER GO BACK to the United States.  Yeah buddy, that sounds like a civilized modern state that has turned to cannibalism in the course of its EPIC SUCCESS at becoming the world's only "Super Banana Republic". 

Offline Remington

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 216
  • -Receive: 190
« Reply #12 on: 15:51 28-May-2012 »
Actually, it gets even better.   What a deal, under the NEW LAW if you renounce citizenship - you get to NEVER GO BACK to the United States.  Yeah buddy, that sounds like a civilized modern state that has turned to cannibalism in the course of its EPIC SUCCESS at becoming the world's only "Super Banana Republic".

Canada is the closest thing to the States.  If a person renounces their US citizenship then there's Canada.  O Canada! Our home and native land! True patriot . . .

Offline clanholmes

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 768
  • -Receive: 1067
« Reply #13 on: 17:09 28-May-2012 »

Canada is the closest thing to the States.  If a person renounces their US citizenship then there's Canada.  O Canada! Our home and native land! True patriot . . .

Under Harper, Canada is worse than the USA.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Socrates

Read, but not write

Online David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: 18:08 28-May-2012 »
Don't prospecitve immigrants have to hitch a ride on some leaky boatfull  of homeless, exiled terrorists with poor personal hygiene, to enter Canada these days?