Author Topic: Sergei Danelevich  (Read 1627 times)

zodoz

Sergei Danelevich
« on: 20:42 13-Feb-2012 »
@Carl,

Is it okay to post some info on an Ex-employee of mine?

He is helpful Ukraine guy, for people who need high level of communication/translation...

Figured I better check before I post his info...

For example, my transformer blew (changes 220V to 120V for American Laptops and electronics)

Sergei helped me find a shop that had a 400W transformer within 30 minutes of meeting with him and helped me verify price was reasonable by taking me to comparison shop other shops.

He is fast, friendly, knowledgeable, etc. His rate is negotiable but he is happy with lunch, 50 uah, and Mashutka fare...

Carlusha

Re: Sergei Danelevich
« Reply #1 on: 22:33 13-Feb-2012 »
No, it's OK as you're recommending him because he has helped you in the past. That's rather different from blatant advertising.

Go ahead and post but be aware, there can be some pitfalls posting name, telephone, cellphone and email addresses on an open forum. Some of the older members from the pre-vetting days may well be Nigerian princes looking for someone to help them access their millions of dollars.

Your best course of action, in my opinion, is to get friend Sergei to join the forum, post details of the services he has to offer, perhaps citing you as a satisfied customer and invite responses by forum PM (My Messages).

zodoz

« Reply #2 on: 06:21 14-Feb-2012 »
Excellent, thank you Carl. Sergei will be happy :)

Offline whm

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #3 on: 23:47 19-Feb-2012 »
I know this is off-topic, but fwiw, laptop power supplies contain their own transformers (that's the hot brick part of the power cable) and need nothing more than a simple plug adapter to use 220V. Most other electronics purchased in the US are also are rated for 220V input. I suspect you'll find that it's only simple/cheap electronics (hair dryers, etc.) that were not designed to accept a wie range of voltages.

You can check all of your electronics by reading the little stickers, on which the acceptable input voltage range is indicated.

Tnic

« Reply #4 on: 06:59 20-Feb-2012 »
I know this is off-topic, but fwiw, laptop power supplies contain their own transformers (that's the hot brick part of the power cable) and need nothing more than a simple plug adapter to use 220V. Most other electronics purchased in the US are also are rated for 220V input. I suspect you'll find that it's only simple/cheap electronics (hair dryers, etc.) that were not designed to accept a wie range of voltages.

You can check all of your electronics by reading the little stickers, on which the acceptable input voltage range is indicated.

Yep, Ya just change an adapter for the US end of the cord, on a laptop.  All the new ones are world wide and will accept 120 or 240 VAC.  Because laptops are DC units and those little black bricks convert the voltage already as do most mobile phones.  And for many 2 prong laptop cords you can simply rob a standard portable radio of it's cord and connect it to the black brick.  Both our Toshibas work fine that way.  My Acer though is a 3 pronger, but I found a cord that works for it too so no adapter plugs to mess with.

That being said, its a good idea to have a transformer on hand for different things.  My wife has a couple smallish variable voltage ones that work for my cordless beard trimmer.  I'm seriously considering bringing my Rigid cordless drill and charger back with me too, so a 400 W unit would be just the thing for recharging the batteries.

Offline Glyn Thomas.

• All this work and I get called:
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 717
  • -Receive: 2029
    • Kiev Life
« Reply #5 on: 16:32 20-Feb-2012 »
A tip from our it wizard was that a kettle lead neatly slots into apple two part plugs.... Will be useful if u r in a fix....
I am the shadow of the waxwing slain.. by the false azure of the windowpane...

Tnic

« Reply #6 on: 08:03 21-Feb-2012 »
A tip from our it wizard was that a kettle lead neatly slots into apple two part plugs.... Will be useful if u r in a fix....

Another case of desperation leading to innovative solutions.   :D