Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
I have been told that at the border there currently is a significant problem of theft.  Therefore shipping valuable things at present unfortunately appears very difficult
Ukrposhta is still operating, we've sent items in both directions in the past 60 days. A tad bit slower than usual, as it goes by rail only now/
I can confirm that. Received a few packages from Ukraine to France (took 3 weeks for one and a month for another)
There is definitely a hard limit of 100 k UAH a month on pulling money out of Ukraine.

Update: The banker thinks that this might have a limit under 10K US but might be 5K US. He said try it and see. BUT htere are limits on the amount you can pull out. He thought 3.5K
US or 100K UAH was the limit.
What do you use to pull out money from Ukraine ?
I used to do it with Wise & Revolut but it stopped working a few back
Ukrposhta is still operating, we've sent items in both directions in the past 60 days. A tad bit slower than usual, as it goes by rail only now/
There is definitely a hard limit of 100 k UAH a month on pulling money out of Ukraine.

Update: The banker thinks that this might have a limit under 10K US but might be 5K US. He said try it and see. BUT htere are limits on the amount you can pull out. He thought 3.5K
Along this line,, The National Bank of Ukraine has stopped SWIFT transfers into Ukraine except for sending to the army or for education. I can't send money to myself for living expenses.
I have just checked my Monobank app, and it still allows me to send money by SWIFT, SEPA, Payoneer, WU... From Europe to my euro account in monobank (from which I can transfer to my UA card))
Along this line,, The National Bank of Ukraine has stopped SWIFT transfers into Ukraine except for sending to the army or for education. I can't send money to myself for living expenses. I might need to soon head to some out of country airport, fly stateside. get cash and return. I don't like the idea of carrying cash when going thru customs.  I think they'd love to seize it at any customs point.   Hopefully things will soon settle down here and SWIFT will again be allowed.

You could try sending it through Western Union. It works for sending money into Ukraine at the moment. My Polish bank even offers WU transfers into Ukraine completely free of any charges now.

Also, MoneySend (direct card-to-card transfers, not account-to-accont) worked okay just a week ago. Maybe it still does. If your bank offers the service, that is.
Great idea!  Thank you!  Do you think they are reliable or am I at a high risk that my suitcase will just disappear or an empty suitcase will arrive?

I used NP for a lot of my shipping needs over the years - both inside Ukraine and international ones - and they never let me down once. So, I would definitely label them as reliable :)
Along this line,, The National Bank of Ukraine has stopped SWIFT transfers into Ukraine except for sending to the army or for education. I can't send money to myself for living expenses.

This is bizarre.  Ukraine should be happy for any foreign currency entering it and not forbidding it.  I in the meantime have also realised that you cannot send money OUT of Ukraine by SWIFT but this I kind of understand - to conserve scarce foreign currency, however the other way round just seems bizarre.

But you can withdraw by credit card, so if you do not have one for a foreign account, get somebody to send you one if this is possible.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10